At least 3Zimbabweans are part of 14 zama zamas/ makorokozas shot dead in Benoni, Ekurhuleni near Johannesburg South Africa

.

AT least three Zimbabweans are suspected to be part of 14 illegal miners that were shot dead in Benoni, Ekurhuleni, about 20km outside Johannesburg in South Africa in vicious fights over gold.

Six of the bodies were found lined up in a valley on Monday, while eight were found yesterday..

A miner who stays in the Springs area, Mr Gordon Manzou, said he knew three of the victims who hailed from Kwekwe.
Killings have been going on in the mine shaft since last week.

A Zimbabwean illegal miner Mr Endurance Kazembe told The Chronicle yesterday that his colleagues were ambushed by an armed gang who killed them while they were mining underground.

Zimbabwe’s consul-general in South Africa Mr Batiraishe Mukonoweshuro yesterday confirmed the killingsand said he would send the finger prints to the Registrar General and the police back home to try and identify the bodies.

Police have collected bodies some with gunshots wounds while others had sharp stab wounds.and will screen them to see if there are locals.

A newly discovered gold rich shaft number 6 in Benoni was at the centre of the deadly wars.

Its alleged the Basothos and Zulus are fighting over this new shaft, no one is willing to part with it as it contains lots and lots of gold. All the other Zimbabweans that were killed were caught in the cross fire.
In 2015, 11 Zimbabweans were killed when a generator they were using for lighting and drilling.in a disused underground mine in Benoni exploded.

The incident came a year after 22 Zimbabweans perished in a disused gold mine in Roodeport in May 2014.By Pamela Shumba., Thupelo Muleya Chronicle

BULAWAYO: Emganwini man alllegedly committed suicide after an argument with his girlfriend over a whatsapp profile picture

A MAN from Emganwini suburb in Bulawayo allegedly locked himself in a house and committed suicide following an argument with his girlfriend over a WhatsApp profile picture.

Tenants who shared the same house found Ngqwele Sibanda (28) body in an advanced state of decomposition yesterday – a week after he allegedly killed himself.

A tenant said Sibanda and his girlfriend, only identified as Brie, allegedly quarrelled after Sibanda posted a picture of himself with another woman on his WhatsApp profile.

A tenant said Sibanda’s younger brother arrived home on Sunday but could not access their room and on Monday we asked one of the boys to peep through the window. He looked spooked and tried to run away. He struggled to say what he had seen before he eventually told us that Sibanda’s body was in the room,” she said.

She said a report was made to the police who broke into the house.

Nqobile Tshili, Chronicle

FORMER firebrand University of Zimbabwe (UZ) student leader has died.

FORMER firebrand University of Zimbabwe (UZ) student leader Paul Rumema Chimhosva has died.

Chimhosva is said to have succumbed to cardiac arrest at his South African base on Sunday.

Chimhosva rose to prominence in the early 1990s when, as Students’ Representative Council (SRC) president, he led numerous student demonstrations against President Robert Mugabe’s regime. Current Mashonaland Central Provincial Affairs minister Martin Dinha was part of Chimhosva’s executive.

The resistance resulted in closure of the university for several months, forcing Chimhosva to relocate to South Africa where he completed his BSc Mechanical Engineering degree at the University of the Witwatersrand in 1995.
When news of his death filtered through yesterday, several activists took to social media to express their condolences.

Alex Magaisa, an academic and former adviser to Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai, tweeted: “Very sad to learn that @Chimhosva died today. The name might not be familiar to the young generation of Zimbabweans, but he’s a struggle legend.” Magaisa again posted: “Way back in the early 90s when most Zimbabweans were still comfortable, @Chimhosva and UZ students had already seen the rot and begun to challenge it.”

Deprose Muchena wrote: “I arrived at UZ and was greeted by Paul, Tawanda and the impressive SRC of the time. Really sad!”

Another luminary activist and academic, Tawanda Mutasa, tweeted: “Shocked! Paul fought a good fight when struggle risks were especially untampered by social media.”

Progressive Teachers’ Union of Zimbabwe secretary-general Raymond Majongwe also chipped in: “True, Paul was in a class of his own. A real hope for the future, sad he has gone too soon. He inspired me a lot. A real leader of his generation.”

At the time of his death, Chimhosva was project manager at Exxaro Resources in South Africa. He is survived by one child.

Plans are reportedly underway to repatriate his body for burial in Zimbabwe.Source-newsday

Urban Councils’ Association of Zimbabwe (UCAZ) president Manyenyeni pledges to support Kasukuwere introduce urban tollgates

640_572_HARARE-MAYOR-MANYENYENI
 
THE Urban Councils’ Association of Zimbabwe (UCAZ) has pledged to support Local Government minister Saviour Kasukuwere’s proposal to introduce urban tollgates to fundraise for cities’ roads rehabilitation programmes, but demanded transparency in the administration of the funds.UCAZ president and Harare mayor Bernard Manyenyeni told NewsDay that local authorities were demanding transparency in the management of revenue collected from the tollgates to avoid misuse of the money.
 
“We don’t mind a cost-effective revenue collection set-up provided the end value is guaranteed, unlike now, where motorists are asking what their licence fees are doing for them,” Manyenyeni said. Early this week, Kasukuwere announced plans to launch urban tollgates as a way to fund the rehabilitation of roads, most of which have become impassable.He also lamented the low amount being disbursed by the Zimbabwe National Road Administration (Zinara) to local authorities, saying it was not in tandem with the number of vehicles that were taking parking space in the city each day.
 
Government in 2010 took over management of vehicle licence fees and gave Zinara the mandate to administer the funds, but the parastatal has been accused of mismanaging the money and starving local authorities of their statutory allocations.
 
Manyenyeni said Harare City Council was entitled to between $40 million and $70 million per year, but received a paltry $1m per year.
 
He added that he recently met Zinara board chairperson Albert Mugabe over the issue, but nothing concrete was agreed.
 
The MDC-T mayor questioned the composition of the Zinara board which he said was operating without a local authorities’ representative as required.
 
“The nominations were submitted by UCAZ. None of the nominations were accepted. The Zinara board is not compliant with its own law,” Manyenyeni said.
 
“I have raised this matter with Transport, Roads and Infrastructure Development minister Joram Gumbo and the Zinara board chairman.” source-newsday

Enter 2017, thirty six years on, we still have, now 93 year old, ”Black oppressor of Blacks’-despot Robert Mugabe, ruling the motherland Zimbabwe!

20160714_123125

Zanu PF policies have all turned out to appear good on paper yet they are simply ‘legitimised crime’ by the despot led regime. Lets all embrace a whole new level of tolerance, move on from the Zanu PF politics of violence into 21st century mature politics. Unless and until we all make the nation ungovernable for Zanu PF, we will keep going round and round in circles. We need a united nation and to all work towards freeing ourselves from the ‘Black oppressors of Blacks’ and begin healing the brutalised and broken Zimbabwe nation. The process needs all hands on deck irrespective of whether you are Coloured, Ndebele, Shona , black, or white,.. its about the motherland Zimbabwe! Happy New year and all the best to everyone for 2017!
By Sibusiso Ngwenya

CHIKURUBI prison officer charged for assaulting his wife, for blocking his mistress from entering their matrimonial bedroom.

gavel1-585x280-585x2801-585x280

A PRISON officer based at Chikurubi Prison Training Centre appeared at the Harare Magistrates’ Court on Thursday charged with physically abusing and assaulting his wife, accusing her of blocking his mistress from entering their matrimonial bedroom.

Wellington Gotekwa was granted $50 bail and remanded to January 17 next year when he appeared before magistrate Tilda Mazhande.

Allegations are that on December 24 this year at around 7pm, Gotekwa brought his girlfriend and her sister home and ushered them into the lounge room.

He later allegedly gave his visitors some T-shirts and asked them to go into his bedroom to put them on.

As Gotekwa’s unnamed girlfriend and her sister proceeded to the bedroom, the complainant, Enia, rushed to the door and blocked it.

This allegedly angered Gotekwa who, in a fit of rage, assaulted her before their neighbours rushed to the scene to rescue her. By Desmond Chingarande. source-newsday

HARARE soldier (56), appears at the Harare Magistrates’ Court charged with raping his 11-year-old stepdaughter.

happyton-bonyongwe-constantine-chiwenga-robert-mugabe-cio-590-590x280

 

A 56-YEAR-OLD member of the Zimbabwe National Army appeared at the Harare Magistrates’ Court yesterday facing allegations of raping his 11-year-old stepdaughter.

The suspect, who could not be named to protect the identity of the alleged victim, was remanded in custody to January 10 next year by magistrate Vongai Muchuchuti-Guwuriro.

State allegations are that on January 25 last year, the complainant’s mother went to visit her grandmother in Kuwadzana, Harare, leaving the child at home together with her two younger sisters.

Later in the day, the soldier allegedly invited the girl into his bedroom, raped her once and ordered her not to disclose the matter.

The complainant allegedly went outside the room to where her other two sisters were seated and informed them of her ordeal, but they resolved to keep it under wraps.

The State further alleges that sometime in March of the same year, the suspect raped her again after being sent to collect a bucket in his bedroom.

The matter only came to light on December 26 this year when the complainant allegedly called her biological father, who was in Plumtree and told him what had happened.

The complainant’s father immediately travelled to Harare and took his daughter to the police station the following day, leading to the suspect’s arrest.

Audry Chogumaira appeared for the State. By Desmond Chingarande.

EIGHT more Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) senior managers have been suspended after a forensic audit

Zimra (3)
EIGHT more Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) senior managers have been suspended after a forensic audit implicated them in shady dealings that are feared to have cost the national revenue collector millions of dollars.
 
The suspension of the senior managers, mainly from the Information Communication and Technology department, is with immediate and comes hard on the heels of the suspension of seven managers in May, including Commissioner General Mr Gershem Pasi, over a litany of allegations, among them, the unprocedural luxury vehicle importation.
 
Our Harare Bureau yesterday established that more senior managers could be facing the chop.
 
Zimra instituted yet another audit conducted by Deloitte and Touché chartered accountants, which primarily focused on the revenue collector’s ICT systems and procurement.
 
The report was presented to the Zimra board this month, instigating the latest suspensions.
 
Those suspended include, director of infrastructure and ICT development, Mr Tjiyapo Velempini, head of ICT, Mr Allen Saruchera, systems development manager, Mr Can Goredema and two other officials from the loss control department, one of whom is Mr Benjamin Zenda whose employment was fraught with irregularities as he did not have the requisite qualifications.
 
Other suspended officials are Mr Moses Modongorere (case manager) and Mr Peter Chaparadza (chief loss control officer), Mr Adrian Swarres (head, compliance and risk) and Mr Max Mugari (head, advisory services).
 
It is alleged that Mr Zenda was handpicked by suspended Commissioner-General Mr Pasi.
 
“We are responding to the ICT audit, which picked a number of irregularities, so most of those who are affected are from ICT,” said a Zimra board member who declined to be named.
 
“The audit picked issues to do with procurement procedures and corporate governance that were fraught with irregularities particularly those to do with upgrades of Asycuda World and SAP (Systems Applications Products) as well as the Tax Management System.
 
“The prices were too high especially for tax management systems through Inspur, with the prices up to three times normal prices.”
 
Zimra board chairperson, Mrs Willia Bonyongwe, was not reachable for comment.
 
An earlier forensic audit that was carried out by HLB Zimbabwe Chartered Accountants on the revenue collector’s operations resulted in the suspension of seven managers, among them Mr Pasi, after it revealed endemic corruption, violation of Government laws and poor corporate governance.
 
The managers were suspended in May this year after it was discovered that they corruptly imported their vehicles.
 
It emerged that the revenue collector was losing millions of dollars to dealers who processed counterfeit undervalued import documents to smuggle vehicles and other products into the country.
 
The audit also showed that Mr Pasi and other members of the executive collectively pocketed about $15 million in salaries and allowances in the last three years.
 
Some of the benefits were unsanctioned.
 
Tax evasion by members of the executive are some of the ills reported by the auditors.
 
There are reports of ordinary people who are harassed and forced to pay exorbitant duty on small items, while some business executives, politicians and affluent people use their positions and influence to evade paying duty when importing luxury goods such as vehicles.source-chronicle

‘Any opposition grand coalition will collapse if it does not include secessionist’.-Mthwakazi Republic Party (MRP)

mthwakazi_state (1)

 

MATABELELAND-BASED Mthwakazi Republic Party (MRP) has claimed that the proposed grand coalition of opposition parties was bound to collapse if it does not include secessionist parties.

“The so-called coalition by the Zimbabwean national parties is bound to fail if Mthwakazi-led political parties are not involved in the process despite the fact that the majority are saying they will not participate,” MRP executive member Percy Khulani Siwela told Southern Eye yesterday.

“These national parties forget that we the restorationists parties command the majority support in Matabeleland. We know what the people of Mthwakazi want and we have been visiting them since the beginning of the year. The people of Mthwakazi want to govern themselves, they are tired of the Harare government,” he said.

Siwela’s remarks came at a time main opposition MDC-T leader Morgan Tsvangirai has indicated that his party was only prepared to go into bed with Welshman Ncube’s MDC and Joice Mujuru’s Zimbabwe People First.

Tsvangirai shutting the door on other smaller political parties, describing them as “briefcase parties”.

“My million dollar question is: What if the Mthwakazi parties decides to contest the 2018 elections? Where do we fit as the restorationists in that coalition? Who crafted that coalition document, and at whose interest?

Does it have a national or Mthwakazi interest? I would like to warn the Zimbabwean opposition parties of the possible failure of that coalition if restorationists and regional parties are not included.

The possibility is very high that the coalition is bound to fail without us.”

He urged Ncube to join forces with Mthwakazi parties and form a strong regional coalition before embracing parties from Mashonaland region.

“You can’t start from Harare before Bulawayo otherwise you may end up being rejected by your own.

Remember we also command some sections, and we are advancing.

Remember one vote is important, and [President Robert] Mugabe can still win because of that vote.

The big brother mentality won’t work especially when dealing with a man who has been at the helm of the nation since 1980.” Silas Nkala, newsday.

WARNING: PEOPLE found wearing replicas of army uniforms would be arrested and prosecuted

Charamba-Charity

PEOPLE found wearing replicas of army uniforms would be arrested and prosecuted in terms of the law, the Zimbabwe National Army(ZNA) and the Zimbabwe Republic Police said yesterday in separate statements.

The warning came after many people during the Christmas holiday either sold or wore replica military gear at social gathering places in the capital, Harare.

ZNA spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Alphios Makotore in a statement said there was an upsurge of criminal activities in the country being committed by people wearing military regalia and tarnishing the image of the army.

“It is against this background that the ZNA wishes to advise traders and members of the public that it is unlawful to sell and wear any military regalia or replica whether from Zimbabwe or any other country,” Makotore said.

The military also clarified that artistes who wear military uniforms can only do that after being granted authority.

“Regarding artistes who perform while putting on army uniform, be advised that the wearing of any army uniform or decorations for the purposes of any bona fide stage, film or television production or military representation is an offence in terms of section 99(2) (c) of the Defence Act (Chapter 11:02). The artistes should have sought authority from army headquarters to do so,” Makotore added.

Chief police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba also said police had noted with concern an increase in the unauthorised wearing of camouflage clothing.

She said Section 99 of the Defence Act Chapter 99 (2) prohibits the wearing and selling of camouflage clothing and all persons found wanting will be brought to book.

“As the police, we have noted with concern that some members of the public are confidently wearing camouflage printed clothes and this is very illegal as camouflage in the country is strictly worn by the army,” Charamba said.

“We are, therefore, warning all members of the public to do away with all their camouflage printed clothing as anyone found wearing this kind of print will be arrested without any hesitation”

Charamba said police around the country have been instructed to raid all shops that were selling camouflage printed clothes ,while the owners faced arrest.

Police in Manyame District have also been instructed through a memo to arrest all civilians wearing replica military uniforms.

The memo dated December 26, 2016 from Officer Commanding Manyame said it has been noted with concern an increase in the wearing of camouflage uniforms by unauthorised persons.

“Against this background, commanders are urged to ensure that culprits who wear or sell camouflage uniforms are brought to book without fail,” the memo read.

It also added that persons prosecuted and convicted in terms of the Defence Act are liable to a fine not exceeding level six or to an imprisonment for a period not exceeding one year or both such fine and such imprisonment.

The warning came on the heels of another warning by the Ministry of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs against people abusing the national flag. The warning was seen by many as an attempt to stop social movement #ThisFlag that had adopted the national flag as a symbol of its resistance. By Paidamoyo Muzulu.

1 2 3 4 334