‘We Won’t Be Pushed Into Unwarranted Arrests Of Zanu PF Supporters, Simply To Pacify MDC-T’-ZRP

POLICE have denied bias against opposition MDC-T supporters adding they will not be pushed into making unwarranted arrests of Zanu PF supporters simply to pacify those claiming the bias. A local rights group said Friday that the ZRP targeted the MDC-T supporters when violent clashes between rival activists broke out in Harare’s Hopley Farm and Mbare in the past two weeks. “The ZRP is not biased against anyone. “We apply the law equally according to…

Read More

Ex-Zanu PF London Registrar, 30 Years In UK, Now Lives On Streets Of Harare, Eats Food From Trash Cans

“I HAVE travelled to 29 African countries by road; been to several European countries but I have nothing to offer,” Killen Zhakata tells NewZimbabwe.com with a British accent while in a drunken stupor. He adds: “I left the country in 1974 to join other freedom fighters but ran away from the war because I realised it was not for me; I heard of, and saw, people dying and being wounded. “I flew to United Kingdom…

Read More

Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra), Impounds Smuggled Vehicles

Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra), Impounds Smuggled Vehicles

THE Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) has impounded hundreds of vehicles in a blitz to flush out cars that have been smuggled into the country. The blitz followed an announcement by Zimra commissioner-general Gershem Pasi that many vehicles were being corruptly brought into the country, evading tax in the process. Zimra board secretary and director legal and corporate services, Florence Jambwa told Standardbusiness last week that many vehicles had been impounded and offenders penalised. “Several motor…

Read More

Zanu PF Member Fataly Axes Two Zanu PF Members In St Marys Chitungwiza

GRUESOME: Two Zanu-PF members were reportedly fatally axed by fellow party member yesterday in St Mary’s, Chitungwiza . As long feared by political analysts and rational ruling party bigwigs, the deadly factional and succession wars devouring President Robert Mugabe’s post-congress Zanu-PF turned fatal yesterday, after two people were axed to death in bloody intra-party ructions in the dormitory town of Chitungwiza. When a crew from the Daily News on Sunday visited the sprawling township, the…

Read More

‘Zimbabwe’s Defacto President, Grace Mugabe, Elbows Out VP Mnangagwa’

First Lady Grace Mugabe’s presumed ambitions to elbow out Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa in the post-congress Zanu-PF’s bitter war to succeed President Robert Mugabe got a massive boost yesterday. The ruling party’s women’s league in Mashonaland West province openly moved to demand the mooted return of a women’s quota system in the Zanu-PF constitution, a clear statement that they want the first lady to take over from Mnangagwa as party vice president. Mnangagwa, who has…

Read More

Redcliff Town Council In Bitter Land Dispute With Ruthless Businessman , Mugabe’s Nephew, ‘Phillip Chiyangwa’

THE High Court has given Redcliff Town Council up to the end of this month to resolve a land dispute with Harare businessman Mr Philip Chiyangwa, failure of which the matter will spill into the courts.   Mr Chiyangwa and Redcliff have been locked in a land dispute for more than five years after the local authority backtracked and reversed a land deal which it had entered into with Pinnacle Holdings, one of Mr Chiyangwa’s…

Read More

‘Kids Are A distraction’ Says Chief Ndiweni’

MANY chiefs in Zimbabwe sire children who go on to inherit their thrones when they pass on. Those with no children have sleepless nights as they worry that when they die, relatives will fight over the vacated seats of power.   However, Chief Nhlanhlayamangwe Felix Ndiweni, the son of the late maveric chief, Khayisa Ndiweni is proving to be a rare breed, as he revealed to Sunday Leisure that he has not sired a…

Read More

‘Nothing Wrong With Regime Change, In Zimbabwe: It Is Necessary For Political Parties To Renew Themselves And Come Up With new Ideas’

‘Nothing Wrong With Regime Change, In Zimbabwe: It Is Necessary For Political Parties To Renew Themselves And Come Up With new Ideas’

OUTGOING United States Ambassador to Zimbabwe, Bruce Wharton, has said there is nothing wrong with regime change in Zimbabwe, saying it is necessary for political parties to renew themselves and come up with new ideas. “Regime change after every four years it’s a good thing,” Wharton told journalists in Harare earlier this week. “We practise this after every four years and at least in my country (the US); the idea that nobody stays in power…

Read More

Zhuwao To Grab One Beer Hall Per Local Council For conversion Into Vocational Training Centres For Youths.

Zhuwao To Grab One Beer Hall Per Local Council For conversion Into Vocational Training Centres For Youths.

MUTARE: Empowerment minister, Patrick Zhuwao, has said local authorities across the country should cede at least one beer hall to his ministry to be converted into vocational training centres for youths. Speaking at a graduation ceremony at Mutare Vocational training Centre in Sakubva recently, Zhuwao told youths that he was going to approach all local authorities with a proposal to hand over at least of their beer halls for his ministry projects. “I would like…

Read More

‘I’m The New Sheriff In Town, I Don’t Negotiate Government Policy Or Legislation, I Simply Implement Existing legislation’ -Zhuwao

Combative Youth, Indigenisation and Economic Empowerment Minister, Patrick Zhuwao, says the country’s indigenisation law is a piece of legislation based on race, which law specifically seeks to benefit black Zimbabweans at the expense of whites, whom he said were previously “over-advantaged.” Zhuwao made the remarks at the annual conference of indigenous building contractors here last week. “Indigenisation is a policy based on race; that is a fact. It is a policy that specifically seeks to…

Read More
1 415 416 417 418 419 549