- PRESIDENT Mnangagwa appoints business associate John Mushayavanhu as new RBZ governor
- WESTERN DIPLOMATS call CHAMISA incompetent or a Zanu- PF front.
- ZEC removes CCC recalled MPs from ballot papers
- BREAKING NEWS: Passport-Free Travel Between Zimbabwe and Botswana using only national IDs for citizens of both countries
- ZIMBABWE BLOW as Britain scraps dependent visa for migrant workers
CCC Sec General Sengezo Tshabangu recalls fife Chinhoyi councillors
THE wave of recalls by Citizens’ Coalition for Change (CCC) interim secretary general Sengezo Tshabangu has caught up with Chinhoyi Municipality where five CCC councillors have been axed for “ceasing to be members of the party.”
The cohort includes former mayor and Ward 12 Councillor, Dyke Makumbi, who has previously been recalled.
In 2020, then MDC-T interim president Thokozani Khupe axed then Chinhoyi mayor Makumbi and his deputy including four councillors over alleged “unrepentant treacherous behaviour.”
Others recalled are Ward 10 Councillor Lovemore Kurwakumire, Ninion Verandeni (Ward 9), and proportional representatives Dorcas Marunga and Florence Masache.
Town Clerk Maxwell Kaitano confirmed the latest developments.
“We received communication of the recalls from the ministry which we immediately actioned by informing ZEC (Zimbabwe Electoral Commission) of the vacancies,” said Kaitano.
Following the August elections, CCC bagged 12 elected seats of 15 wards while Zanu-PF got two and one independent councillor.
Councillors who survived Tshabangu’s wrath so far are Good Sairos (Ward 1), Richard Vitirunyu (Ward 3), Garikai Dendera (Ward 5), mayor Owen Charuza (Ward 6), Anorld Muronga (Ward 7) and David Malunga (Ward 8).
Others are deputy mayor Chipo Mhlotswa (Ward 14) and women’s quota representative Abigail Sauti.
Source – newzimbabwe