- ‘Let down by the system’: 6stone, severely ill emaciated man deemed fit for work by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), dies
- CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, PEACEFULLY SHUT DOWN ZIMBABWE and make it an ungovernable nation for President Emmerson Mnangagwa (76).
- ACCIDENT: 11 KILLED IN EASTER MONDAY ACCIDENT near Headlands as Sungano Yevapositori were travelling from their annual passover worship
- 'GENEVA. – DRAMATIC RISE TO 700% MEASLES IN AFRICA in the first three months of 2019' – World Health Organisation (WHO)
- PHOTOS: 'THANK YOU MNANGAGWA, Just out of courtesy, this is what US $1 Million looks like'- Wicknell Chivayo pictured with US$1 million in cash.
Advocate Perpetua Dube said: “He’s been arrested. He’s detained at Hillside Police station.”
Bronkhorst was arrested on Monday but charges against him are yet to be clarified, Dube said in a telephone interview from Bulawayo.
“The police from Beitbridge will determine that [when he will be brought to court]. I haven’t had a meeting with them. They were on their way last night,” she added.
Separate reports say that the professional hunter is under suspicion for illegally importing 29 sables from Zambia.
Bronkhorst is already due back in court at the end of the month for his part in the killing of Zimbabwe’s most famous lion in early July in Hwange National Park.
Bronkhorst’s client was US dentist Walter Palmer, who insists he believed the hunt – first with a bow and arrow and then with a gun – was legal. Palmer was a focus of global hatred when outrage over the 13-year-old lion’s killing was at its peak at the beginning of August.