- Starving Beitbridge doctor, begs for food.
- FULL TEXT: 'I AM SORRY FOR WORKING with ZANU PF' former Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, Gandawa apologises I
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADERSHIP DECISION TO EXPELL Nelson Chamisa from the party , means Chamisa cannot compete for MDC leadership at extraordinary congress scheduled for 31 July 2020
- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
Over a hundred students were marching to the sports complex where the institution’s centenary celebrations are taking place.
Singing “Asinamali” (we don’t have money) and holding placards reading “Centenary my a*se”, students promised to disrupt proceedings.
“If it means we fight till the end of the year, we will fight. What are they celebrating when we are hungry? Voets*k Zuma, voets*k Mugabe,” one student said.
Wednesday evening saw protesting Fort Hare students set fire to a building and a tent on the Alice campus, only two days before the university’s centenary celebrations. The protests continued until the early hours of Friday morning, when police fired rubber bullets and teargas at protesters.
The students claimed that university management had not met all of their demands.
One of the demands was that students who did not live in residences on campus should receive allowances for accommodation and transport before the end of the first semester.
Zuma as well as Mugabe are expected to speak at today’s event. Source: news24