- Zimbabwe will not renew expired passports which still have blank / unused pages 'Its simply showing us that they do not need the passports'
- Henessy Dube (40) of Entumbane , fake Doctor for six months at Mpilo Hospital, allegedly masqueraded as a top (CIO) officer
- Born Rhodesian ‘Sibusiso Ngwenya ' a.k.a Nyamangara, totem Gushungo proudly 50% Ndebele, 50% Shona 100% Zimbabwean!
- 5 Rusape villagers Jonathan Elias (43), Michael Bhunu (47), and Ambrose Gogo (42) fatally assaulted boy (14 accused of stealing a hen .
- BULAWAYO CITY COUNCIL BCC INVITES UNIVERSITY GRADUATE APPLICATIONS for a post graduate traineeship
Over a hundred students were marching to the sports complex where the institution’s centenary celebrations are taking place.
Singing “Asinamali” (we don’t have money) and holding placards reading “Centenary my a*se”, students promised to disrupt proceedings.
“If it means we fight till the end of the year, we will fight. What are they celebrating when we are hungry? Voets*k Zuma, voets*k Mugabe,” one student said.
Wednesday evening saw protesting Fort Hare students set fire to a building and a tent on the Alice campus, only two days before the university’s centenary celebrations. The protests continued until the early hours of Friday morning, when police fired rubber bullets and teargas at protesters.
The students claimed that university management had not met all of their demands.
One of the demands was that students who did not live in residences on campus should receive allowances for accommodation and transport before the end of the first semester.
Zuma as well as Mugabe are expected to speak at today’s event. Source: news24