- ZANU PF UK , GEARS UP FOR VISION 2030 diaspora promotion,..NONSENSE.. they havent even delivered the vision 2020 scam by Mugabe Zanu pf.
- LAXITY and corruption in Zimbabwe's criminal justice system allows scores of convicted people to walk scot-free despite having lost their appeals at the High Court.
- A 'Westgate, Harare man' , who lived in wooden, tin-roofed cabin and slept on a makeshift bed of metal sheet is jailed 16 years for raping a ZBC’s National FM radio show date.
- ZNA CAPTAIN SHELTON MAREWA remanded in custody at Concession District Hospital for armed robbery at Ocelia mine in Concession
- 'SALARY increases won't solve the current crisis except only serve to raise Zimbabwe's prices and inflation'-MDC treasurer-genl David Coltart.
The opposition Movement for Democratic Change Alliance filed a court application at Zimbabwe’s Constitutional Court contesting the outcome of the 30 July elections, which saw ruling Zanu-PF candidate Emmerson Mnangagwa officially leading with 50.8% against Nels0n Chamisa’s 44.3%.
Chamisa’s spokesperson, Dr Nkululeko Sibanda, said on Twitter, “President Nelson Chamisa’s @nelsonchamisa court application to be heard on the 22nd of August 2018 at 10:00am. The evidence is overwhelming and victory is certain. Numbers don’t lie, so the President-Elect @nelsonchamisa looks forward to this day.”
Chamisa has said the vote was rigged and has challenged the result by the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission, which gave Mnangagwa 2.46 million votes against 2.15 million votes for the 40-year-old Movement for Democratic Change leader.
Dr Nkululeko Sibanda
President Nelson Chamisa’s @nelsonchamisa court application to be heard on the 22nd of August 2018 at 10:00am. The evidence is overwhelming and victory is certain. Numbers don’t lie, so the President-Elect @nelsonchamisa looks forward to this day.
10:57 AM – Aug 16, 2018
470 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
The court challenge by the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) Alliance came as no surprise as it has become tradition for the leading opposition party in the country to contest the results of every election since its inception.
The president-elect’s inauguration ceremony, which was scheduled for Sunday, had to be put on hold as a result of the court application filed by the MDC Alliance contesting the election outcome.
The MDC Alliance lawyer, Advocate Thabani Mpofu, speaking to local and foreign journalist last week after filing the court application, said they have overwhelming evidence that his client, Nelson Chamisa, won the elections and that they were rigged.
“We have managed to place before the court unpopulated signed V11 forms and V11 forms that shows an attempt to erase the figures that had been entered. We have managed to place before the court all the mathematical and statistical irregularities,” Mpofu said.
In its application, the MDC Alliance is challenging the failure by the electoral body to follow due processes relating to the collation and announcement of results, and that the results announced by ZEC were themselves afflicted by gross mathematical errors.
The petition also cited that the election was conducted under circumstances whereby Mnangagwa disregarded the Electoral Act and constitution, violation of people’s rights, vote buying, use of intimidation and harassment of party supporters, among others.Source – Byo24News