- Dr SOLWAYO NGWENYA tweets that Dr Peter Mugobeyi who was abducted almost a week ago has been found disoriented and trying to get lifts to Harare'
- MUGABE'S COUSIN IGNATIOUS CHOMBO'S HEALTH deteriorates and government denies him his passport to seek medical attention from abroad
- #Free Zimbabwe World Awareness Campaign Mnangagwa faces protests at the UN General Assembly in New York next week, from Zimbabweans based in the US
- Chamisa $720k richer as Mnangagwa's treasury releases $3.4 million to MDC under the Political Parties Finance Act.
- DOCTORS, protesting Peter Magombeyi abduction on Saturday after calling for a pay strike, blocked by riot police
Chief Nyakunhuwa Jerera Wafawanaka Mashavave has reportedly died in a road accident.
Nehanda Radio reported that the accident happened on Saturday at the Zaka turnoff near Buffalo Range airport in Chiredzi.
“He is reported to have lost control of his vehicle, a ford ranger which veered off the road and overturned killing him on the spot. He was coming from Triangle, where he owns a sugarcane plot among his several businesses,” he said.
Wafawanaka Mashavave was the substantive chief in Zaka after he was appointed in 2006. He was 56 years old and leaves behind three wives and several children.
Police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba confirmed the accident. -“We are yet to establish the name of the chief, but he died on the spot. It was a fatal accident,” she said.
Two years ago Chief Nyakunhuwa hit the headlines after he pleaded with the Zanu PF Government to provide his colleagues in traditional leadership with state of the art vehicles in particular the Prado which he claimed went with the status of chiefs.
Giving closing remarks at the burial of Anos Kasirayi Masanganise who was Chief Gutu, Chief Nyakunhuwa said chiefs would be pleased if Government gave them Toyota Prados.
“We don’t mind if you give us Prados,” he told the Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Ignatius Chombo.- Source-nehandaradio