- Funeral UPDATE: Tsvangirai's body flown in army chopper from One Commando barracks in Harare to Humanikwa Village, in Buhera for burial tomorrow
- MDC T SECRETARY GENERAL Douglas Mwonzora says MDC T will soon have an an extraordinary congress for the selection of a new MDC T leader and presidential candidate in preparation for 2018 general polls.
- The late MDC-T leader, Morgan Tsvangirai's mother, Lydia Zvaipa, was conspicuous by her absence at a memorial service for her son held at Mabelreign Methodist Fellowship Church in Harare yesterday, as tensions rose
- ' (UZ) VICE CHANCELLOR Professor Levi Nyagura, was arrested on Friday for allegedly fraudulently awarding Grace Ntombizodwa Mugabe a fake Doctor of Philosophy degree achieved in only three months of study'
- FORMER finance minister Mugabes cousin Ignatius Chombo the first minister to be arrested after the ouster of former President Robert Mugabe has been arrested again, this time for allegedly demanding a bribe from a fish farmer.
Women inmates at Chikurubi Maximum Prison appear to have been abandoned as only one man turned up to visit his wife during the past Family Week.
The situation paints a gloomy picture on how society views female inmates.
A visit by ZBC News at the female prison during the Family Week witnessed it joyous moments at Chikurubi Maximum Prison as family members came out in their numbers to spend time with their jailed male relatives, planning and giving comfort to each other.
It was however a different situation on the female section where only two men visited their loved ones.
One came to visit his sister and the other visited his wife.
Pastor Maureen Shana who visited the female inmates said it is important for couples to support each other during trying times.
The Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Services advocates for the visiting of inmates as part of the rehabilitation programme.
What happened at Chikurubi Female Prison is a sign that there is need for attitude change especially for men in order for them to embrace female inmates and prepare them for re-integration back into society. Source – ZBC