- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
A PRISON officer based at Chikurubi Prison Training Centre appeared at the Harare Magistrates’ Court on Thursday charged with physically abusing and assaulting his wife, accusing her of blocking his mistress from entering their matrimonial bedroom.
Wellington Gotekwa was granted $50 bail and remanded to January 17 next year when he appeared before magistrate Tilda Mazhande.
Allegations are that on December 24 this year at around 7pm, Gotekwa brought his girlfriend and her sister home and ushered them into the lounge room.
He later allegedly gave his visitors some T-shirts and asked them to go into his bedroom to put them on.
As Gotekwa’s unnamed girlfriend and her sister proceeded to the bedroom, the complainant, Enia, rushed to the door and blocked it.
This allegedly angered Gotekwa who, in a fit of rage, assaulted her before their neighbours rushed to the scene to rescue her. By Desmond Chingarande. source-newsday