- 12 killed, 72 shot , 17 emergency life-saving operations , 12 MDC MPs arrested in last week's crippling strike, welcome to Zimbabwe!
- Five killed in accident along the Chinhoyi-Chegutu road early this morning after the vehicle rolled and threw them 20 metres from the road.
- TWELVE MDC MPs ARRESTED as army and police continue crackdown on protesters
- ACTIVISTS call for five-day, shutdown protest beginning Monday. I say destroy the caucus ,or live with it till 2023, act now, dont back down!
- ZIMBABWE Congress of Trade Unions executives have gone into hiding for fear of reprisals by State security agents after last week's nationwide protests.
CHIPINGE: A local man who was found in possession of two python skins worth $2, 000 each and 300 grammes of dagga in his bedroom has been caged for nine years by a local magistrates’ court.
Jealous Mhlanga, 32, of Hangani Village under Chief Mutema in Chipinge pleaded guilty when he appeared before magistrate Sharon Chipanga.
He was facing charges of contravening section 45(1) (b) of the Parks and Wildlife Act Chapter 20:14 which prohibit possession of skins of protected species without a permit.
For possession of dagga, Chipanga sentenced Mhlanga to a wholly suspended 30 day jail term. He was fined $100.
On the second count of possessing python skins, Mhlanga was slapped with a nine year jail term.
Public Prosecutor, Brian Madzura told the court that on October 23, at around 22 00 hours, police detectives who were on a patrol in the area received a tip off that Mhlanga was in possession of dagga.
The detectives raided Mhlanga’s home and asked to conduct a search in his bedroom. They discovered some dagga which was wrapped in a plastic bag stashed in a suitcase.
During the search, the security agents bumped into a bag which had two python skins. Mhlanga was arrested.
The skins and dagga were forfeited to the State. source-newzimbabwe