- 'Light-skinned Asian man in his mid-20s, stabbed a 10-year-old boy in front of his mother in the area of Belper Street, Leicester'
- ZANU-PF- Matemadanda says the United States and Britain, alleging that the two powers were meddling into Zimbabwean politics.
- SA PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA must use his African Union (AU) chairmanship to intervene on the never ending Zimbabwe deepening political and economic crisis.
- HWANGE YESTERDAY RECEIVED A TOTAL OF 139mm rainfall in just three hours which overwhelmed the drainage system causing flash floods. 35 families were affected by the heavy rains and flooding mainly in Number 1 and Sinderela villages.
- THE ZIMBABWE NATIONAL ROADS ADMINISTRATION (Zinara) has terminated contracts for nearly 100 cashiers, allegedly to plug leakages at tollgates.
The Sunday Mail visited Dr Chiyangwa at Avenues Clinic yesterday afternoon, and although in pain, his condition was said to be stable and he would be discharged soon.
Appearing to be coping well with the loss, he blamed the fire on an electrical fault exacerbated by the high power voltage at the house.
Public Service, Labour and Social Services Minister Priscilla Mupfumira and Mbare National Assembly representative Mr Tendai Savanhu were among those at the flamboyant businessman’s bedside.
Dr Chiyangwa said he sustained deep cuts to his left leg after he stepped on broken window panes while trying to put out the fire, whose damage is yet to be quantified.
“I am not suspecting any foul play because it was purely an accident. The cause of the fire had to do with some wires that got into contact and there was a big explosion because of the high power in the house.
“After the explosion, the fire spread fast to the furniture and curtains in the (master bedroom). As I tried to put it out and save some documents, thick smoke blinded me, so I ended up stepping on the broken window panes, injuring my leg in the process.”
Relatives took him to Trauma Centre and Hospital and then to Avenues Clinic for treatment.
“When I came here, my leg was sutured; it is healing well. I am still in pain, but not too much, though. I did not lose a lot of blood and the doctor has said I have enough blood to be out of danger.” Source: sundaymail