- ZIMBABWE:All bodies are to be treated as COVID-19 contaminated and all burials will now be done within 24 hours
- CORONAVIRUS-New York records 630 deaths in a single day with deaths rising to 3,565 in the state and 113,704 positive cases,
- CORONAVIRUS-BORIS JOHNSON has written to opposition party leaders, to come together in the national interest against Covid-19
- COVID -19: Gove confirms deaths of 7 NHS staff, warning, whatever the weather 'don't go outside to lakes and the countryside .
- 14 of 15 Ethiopians arrested, while hiding at a Gwanda homestead one week, failed to cross into SA due to Covid-19 border closure of Beitbridge Border Post
The Sunday Mail visited Dr Chiyangwa at Avenues Clinic yesterday afternoon, and although in pain, his condition was said to be stable and he would be discharged soon.
Appearing to be coping well with the loss, he blamed the fire on an electrical fault exacerbated by the high power voltage at the house.
Public Service, Labour and Social Services Minister Priscilla Mupfumira and Mbare National Assembly representative Mr Tendai Savanhu were among those at the flamboyant businessman’s bedside.
Dr Chiyangwa said he sustained deep cuts to his left leg after he stepped on broken window panes while trying to put out the fire, whose damage is yet to be quantified.
“I am not suspecting any foul play because it was purely an accident. The cause of the fire had to do with some wires that got into contact and there was a big explosion because of the high power in the house.
“After the explosion, the fire spread fast to the furniture and curtains in the (master bedroom). As I tried to put it out and save some documents, thick smoke blinded me, so I ended up stepping on the broken window panes, injuring my leg in the process.”
Relatives took him to Trauma Centre and Hospital and then to Avenues Clinic for treatment.
“When I came here, my leg was sutured; it is healing well. I am still in pain, but not too much, though. I did not lose a lot of blood and the doctor has said I have enough blood to be out of danger.” Source: sundaymail