- 'FINANCE minister appointment of William Mutumanje a.k.a Acie Lumumba, with three unresolved fraud cases and accused of "lying" that he had obtained a degree from the prestigious Harvard University, plus controversial sex tape is shocking!'
- 'MDC HIJACKED BY DICTATORS "there is no vacancy" sounds familiar and synonymous with zanupf'-Former MDC legislator Norman Mpofu
- INFERTILITY: FIRST LADY WARNS THAT stress, excessive smoking, alcohol, genetically abnormalities, fibroids, endometriosis ,pesticides or radiation are some of the causes of infertility .
- 'VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CONSTANTINO CHIWENGA at his Hwedza rural homestead, warned that fake prophets in Zimbabwe , singling out Talent (Muzuva) who falsely use the name of God to attack the national leadership and extort money from the suffering public will be no more'.
- 'FORMER LIB DEM LEADER AND ALSO FORMER BRITISH VICE PM, lands six figure Facebook Job at Silicon Valley , Carlifonia USA' .
THE Opposition MDC Renewal Team claims it lost an undisclosed sum of money in expenses incurred as part of preparations for the aborted inaugural congress stopped by police over a venue clash with Prophet Emmanuel Makandiwa’s United Family International Church (UFIC).
Police early this week barred the Renewal Team fronted by former treasury chief Tendai Biti after the party’s dates for holding its first congress clashed with Makandiwa’s church meeting. The police then advised the political party to find an alternative venue or shift dates.
But party interim national chairman Samuel Sipepa-Nkomo told journalists following a meeting of the party’s national executive and management meeting that they suspected a third hand.
“We suspect there is more to this than meets the eye,” said Sipepa-Nkomo who was flanked by Biti, former MDC-T Women’s Assembly chairlady Lucia Matibenga and other leaders.
“We think the Central Intelligence Organisation was aware of the massive organisation that was going on around the country and some people got very scared. They decided to throw spanners into the works.”
Biti is tipped to take over as party president with Nkomo deputising him while former State Enterprises Minister Gorden Moyo is earmarked to be secretary general.
Nkomo said his party hopes the police will accept the new dates.
“It is disturbing because we had invited international and local guests. We have run expenses some of which we cannot recoup hence we have to pay again. Our congress will now be held from the 9th to 11th September,” the former Water Minister said.
“We had a receipt for the money we had paid for the venue and the other organisation, the church, was yet to pay.
“Instead the police went ahead and sanctioned UFIC meeting to be held even though they had not paid for the venue.
“The police gave us two alternatives, to change the venue or move dates and we have opted for the latter.”
Sipepa-Nkomo said the congress will discuss, among other issues, electoral reforms, labour issues as well as the emotive vendors issue.
“We are an ideas party, a party that will focus on issues not the old Mugabe (President Robert) must go mantra,” he said.
“We will discuss the current issues around the labour law, the vendors issue as well as the general economic decay. “Zimbabweans want jobs but the Zanu PF prophecy of 2013 has not come to pass, instead we have lost job.” source-newzimbabwe