- MDC vice-chair Sikhala has threatened to initiate constitutional processes to push out Mnangagwa's government from power as the economic turmoil and deteriorating social and political space in Zimbabwe could not be allowed to continue.
- SIX Mutoko parents and teachers were arrested on Thursday for staging a protest against the deterioration of standards in the education sector
- 'A Twin Farm , Dromoland, Zimbabwe farmer has been arrested for shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property'
- AN Inyathi farmer of Twin Farm in Dromoland, Zimbabwe has been arrested on charges of shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property
- 'RYANAIR BOSS Michael O'Leary branded 'racist' after suggesting Muslim men should face extra searches at airports. because Muslim men 'are more likely to be terrorists'
We must never rest in our pursuit justice because in doing so we are sending a clear message that this nation will never ever sweep dirty, especially when it is committed by those in positions of trust, under the carpet. All those who commit serious human rights violation or betray the nation in anyway will be held to account regardless who they are, what office they hold and no matter how long has taken to get them to face justice.
“Mhoswa hairovi!” as they say in Shona. (The victim may die but the crime will live on!)
Sadly the Senator has soiled his good name by allowing himself to be corrupted by Mugabe during his years in the GNU. As a senior member of the MDC the Senator cannot deny that in failing to implement even one democratic reform during the GNU, MDC sold-out.
Zimbabwe would not be in this political and economic mess, the tyrannical rule of Zanu PF would have ended with free, fair and credible July 2013 elections, if MDC leaders like Senator Coltart had implemented the reforms. They had five years to implement the reforms, SADC leaders reminded them repeatedly to implement the reforms and they paid no heed. They failed to get even one reform implemented. Not one!
Just as the Zanu PF leaders whose hands are red with the innocent blood the shed during Gukurahundi have refused to apologized to the nation for their heinous crime; Senator Coltart and his MDC friends have too refused to apologize to the nation for failing to implement the reforms.
I have bought my copy of Senator Coltart’s book : THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES – 50 YEARS OF TYRANNY IN ZIMBABWE. I hope the Senator was as open and candid in recounting our struggle as justice, history and, most important of all, the modernity of lessons learned as demanded of him, as it is demanded of us all! For him, a heartfelt apology to the good people of Zimbabwe for his part in MDC’s betrayal of the nation during the GNU will be a must. I hope for both our sakes that the Senator has not short changed me; I hate being cheated! Source: Wilbert Mukori