- DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ANNOUNCES TRIPLE LOCK A-level and GCSE students in England - so results will be highest out of their estimated grades, their mocks and an optional written exam in the autumn.
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA SAYS ZIMBABWE'S Defence Forces must defend our motherland Zimbabwe from detractors, divisive elements and enemies and wave of aggression manifesting through illegal sanctions, asymmetrical warfare and hostile anti-Zimbabwe propaganda mounted on social media platforms, to break the unity within our forces, sticking to the narrative that Zimbabwe is under siege from Western nations, diplomats, the opposition,civil society and social media platforms, plotting to overthrow Mnangagwa's militarised Zanu pf regime, clearly trash for an annual defence forces day celebration. Thank covid for the lockdown, for once the public were not forced to go to stadiums to celebrate their own oppression by the Mnangagwa militarised Zanu pf regime.
- COVID-19 mothers can still breastfeed as benefits outweighed the potential risks of transmitting the virus to children-(WHO)
- TANZANIA GOVERNMENT OFFICIALLY BANS ALL SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS broadcasting foreign content without government permission.
- A LIBERATION WAR VET GROUP who feel they are entitled to all and no one else is, ..its chaos,..welcome to Zimbabwe!
CORONA VIRUS :London Underground remains crowded amid a row between the Government and Mayor Sadiq Khan over tube service levels.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock has claimed there is “no good reason” why timetables have been cut to the extent they have.
But Mr Khan’s spokesman insisted ministers were told “countless times” that Tube frequencies reflect high levels of staff sickness and self-isolation.
Shortly before 7am on Wednesday, a senior nurse named Danny posted on Twitter: “Another busy tube. Can we not stagger people’s start times so we aren’t all squashed on the same tube! This is unsafe and not fair!”
Barry Trimble, who said his work involves ensuring cancer patients receive chemotherapy, posted: “The Tube is packed, with social distancing impossible. We need more people to stay at home and more trains running in morning and evening peak.”
The Tube is operating at around 50% of its normal capacity during peak times, leading to images of packed carriages being posted on social media.
Transport for London has pledged to “continue to run as much of a Tube service as we possibly can”.
Transport for London #StayHomeSaveLives✔@TfL🏠✔️ Stay at home – do not travel unless essential🧑⚕️ Key workers, if your journey is absolutely essential, the busiest times are 05:45-07:30 and 16:00-17:30. If possible you may want to avoid these times. #coronavirus #covid19
Thanks for sharing Nick Creations
View image on Twitter4006:41 – 25 Mar 2020Twitter Ads information and privacy45 people are talking about thisOn Tuesday, Mr Hancock said: “Transport for London should have the Tube running in full so that people travelling on the Tube are spaced out and can be further apart – obeying the two-metre rule wherever possible.
“And there is no good reason in the information that I’ve seen that the current levels of Tube provision should be as low as they are. We should have more Tube trains running.”
In response, Mr Khan’s spokesman said nearly a third of staff are absent, which means “there aren’t enough drivers and control staff” to run a full service.
He accused ministers of not taking “difficult decisions” to ban non-essential construction work and provide “proper financial support” so that freelancers, the self-employed and those on zero-hours contracts stay at home rather than use public transport.
Five hundred British Transport Police officers patrolled Britain’s mainline rail network on Tuesday to remind passengers that only essential travel is permitted after the UK was placed under lockdown. yahoo
Join Zimbabwe Global News group and encourage others to join 308,006 member now a third of a million, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. With such unprecedented group growth, with non alignment to any political grouping whether opposition or ruling, its fair to say that we are building a well informed electorate, better placed to make more informed choices such as in voting, about issues that directly affect their lives. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 308,006 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website
25,122 people like this and 25,186 people follow this
Followed by 12,887