- PRESIDENT Mnangagwa has fired High Court judge Justice Erica Ndewere for gross incompetence following recommendations by a tribunal, which he appointed to probe her suitability to continue in office.
- BULAWAYO FAWCETT SECURITY GUARD shot in the head with an AK-47 rifle by armed robbers on Monday night.
- KARIBA, HURUNGWE AND KWEKWE, have been identified as hotspots resulting in them being placed under localised lockdown to stem the spread of the corona virus
- MNANGAGWA'S NEPHEW TEMBA MLISWA FACES, contempt of Parliament for allegedly abusing other Members Parliament
- 15 JUNE 1919, ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO, CAPTAIN JOHN ALCOCK AND ENGLISH PILOT ARTHUR WHITTEN BROWN flew across the Atlantic, the First Nonstop Transatlantic Flight with the help of a sextant, whisky and coffee in 1919 just eight years before Charles Lindbergh's flight.
DEAD BABY FOUND IN Glendale Mashonaland Central province drainage sewer system.
RESIDENTS of Glendale in Mashonaland Central province were shell-shocked on Friday after they discovered a dead baby’s body in a drainage sewer system.
The baby was discovered by children who were playing close to the sewer system and later advised elders who filed a police report.
Mashonaland Central police spokesperson Inspector Milton Mundembe confirmed the case.
“We managed to retrieve the body after receiving the report and we conveyed it Concession hospital for post mortem while investigations continue,” Mundembe said.
Social commentator director of Re-inspiration for Girl- Child Education Rita Tiriboi expressed disappointment over the case.
“While some pray day and night to hold a baby in their arms, some have the audacity to their theirs into the sewer drainage as witnessed here by Glendale residents,” Tiriboi said.
One resident Sarudzai Moto denounced baby dumping saying the labour endured by mothers is so hard hence babies should be kept.
“I strongly condemn women who dump babies because labour pains are so hard but you find one killing an innocent soul like this it is very bad,” lamented Moto.
Some residents pledged to assist the police with investigations on the perpetrator to be apprehended. – Byo24