- ZINARA lays off 250 employees, while another 96 terminations are currently being processed according to Zinara board chair, Michael Madana
- 2 Student nurses in a unit for the mentally infirm, jailed for stoning and filming distressed patients on their mobiles
- GOVERNMENT DISMISSES EX-VP MPHOKO'S US$300 000 in pension benefits claim as the Public Service Commission (PSC) says Mphoko will only be paid his pension in local currency ZWL$ and should not expect any other benefits.
- MARRY CHIWENGA SPILLS THE BEANS: VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S ESTRANGED WIFE , Marry, jells court that the retired army general harbours an ambition to take over the presidency and Chiwenga registered all assets in his relatives’ names in an effort to avoid sanctions that were imposed on him by the United States government.
- TWO TONNES- 92 BAGS/ 2 tonnes of mbanje/ cannabis/ wacky tobacco/ weed found at Forbes Border Post in a truck from Malawi, driver fled
Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development Minister Jonathan Moyo has said Zimbabweans in the diaspora should strive to acquire education to avoid being misfits in the society when they return.
Moyo, who is known for his unrestrained free speech told guests in Bulawayo today during the official opening of the Zimbabwe Open University offices.
Moyo said ZOU must ‘come up with strategies to enroll our young men and women who are in the Diaspora in degree programmes so that when they return home they will not be misfits’.
He added that ZOU should equip Bulawayo ‘youths who roam the streets of the City of Kings and Queens, who loiter Renkini and Egodini with entrepreneurial skills so as to transform the lives our people in Makokoba, Matshobane, Njube, Mpopoma, Luveve, Pelandaba and other residential areas where our people live’. By-by Thobekile Zhou.- Source-bulawayo24.