- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,
Dr EDWIN MKHWANANZI , FOUNDER /PRESIDENT OF MTHWAKAZI , a political party which sought the restoration of the Mthwakazi empire, has died.This has certainly been a daily changing political era for Zimbabwe, begining with the military coup, codenamed Operation Restore Legacy.
The coup unseated the despot former president Robert Gabriel Mugabe and destroyed Grace Mugabe’s hope of being president, elevated Emmerson Mnangagwa to the Post of President and the RTD Gen Chiwenga to the post of Vice President, militarised the cabinet and began a new political dispensation.
This ws followed with the death of Richard Morgan Tsvangirai the MDC T president after he succumbed to cancer in a Johannesburg hospital. Tsvangirai was subsequently replaced by Tsvangirai’s self choice Nelson Chamisa who has been embroiled in a leadership dispute with his former co vice president , the elected Thokozani Khuphe.
In just about 100 days in office, Mnangagwa is witnessing development after development, including the blocking by the court and Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister July Moyo, of yesterday’s planned coronation of Bulelani Lobengula as the Ndebele King arguing that it’s unconstitutional and illegal.
This was clearly a massive blow by Mnangagwa, Zanu pf stalwarts and securocrats who live in fear of the militant, wounded Ndebele people who have always been united against Zanu pf from before independence during the liberation struggle.
Stopping the coronation, meant that the Ndebele opposition force is broken and weakened, and we have now been informed that Dr Edwin Mkwananzi, the Founder/President of Mthwakazi , a political party which sought the restoration of the Mthwakazi empire, and break off through secession by forming Mthwakazi state, has died.
In terms of the political dispensation in place in Zimbabwe, Matebeleland dreams of installing a king and the death of Dr Edwin Mkwananzi, the Founder/President of Mthwakazi , coupled with the disorder, lack of constitutionalism and violence in the MDC T party, clearly leave Mnangagwa, Zanu pf stalwarts and securocrats as not such a bad choice to vote for in other people’s books,…you do the maths! More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya