- NGWENYAMA "the lion" KING MSWATI III renames Swaziland as the 'the Kingdom of eSwatini' which means the "land of the Swazis'
- 'MDC Alliance major partner, MDC-T is demanding that its partners must step up and show that they deserve constituencies they were allocated in the alliance agreement, because members of the alliance are mere briefcase parties not bringing supporters '
- USA PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP TWEETS "very good news" after 'Rocket man' North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un decision to stop missile launches and shut down its nuclear test site.
- ARSENAL staff and the players were on Friday in a state of profound tears and shock after Wenger disclosed that after 22 years at the helm, this will be his last season as he steps down.
- PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA leaves the Commonwealth summit in Britain, early to deal with "Service Delivery" protests in Mahikeng South Africa
Dr EDWIN MKHWANANZI , FOUNDER /PRESIDENT OF MTHWAKAZI , a political party which sought the restoration of the Mthwakazi empire, has died.This has certainly been a daily changing political era for Zimbabwe, begining with the military coup, codenamed Operation Restore Legacy.
The coup unseated the despot former president Robert Gabriel Mugabe and destroyed Grace Mugabe’s hope of being president, elevated Emmerson Mnangagwa to the Post of President and the RTD Gen Chiwenga to the post of Vice President, militarised the cabinet and began a new political dispensation.
This ws followed with the death of Richard Morgan Tsvangirai the MDC T president after he succumbed to cancer in a Johannesburg hospital. Tsvangirai was subsequently replaced by Tsvangirai’s self choice Nelson Chamisa who has been embroiled in a leadership dispute with his former co vice president , the elected Thokozani Khuphe.
In just about 100 days in office, Mnangagwa is witnessing development after development, including the blocking by the court and Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister July Moyo, of yesterday’s planned coronation of Bulelani Lobengula as the Ndebele King arguing that it’s unconstitutional and illegal.
This was clearly a massive blow by Mnangagwa, Zanu pf stalwarts and securocrats who live in fear of the militant, wounded Ndebele people who have always been united against Zanu pf from before independence during the liberation struggle.
Stopping the coronation, meant that the Ndebele opposition force is broken and weakened, and we have now been informed that Dr Edwin Mkwananzi, the Founder/President of Mthwakazi , a political party which sought the restoration of the Mthwakazi empire, and break off through secession by forming Mthwakazi state, has died.
In terms of the political dispensation in place in Zimbabwe, Matebeleland dreams of installing a king and the death of Dr Edwin Mkwananzi, the Founder/President of Mthwakazi , coupled with the disorder, lack of constitutionalism and violence in the MDC T party, clearly leave Mnangagwa, Zanu pf stalwarts and securocrats as not such a bad choice to vote for in other people’s books,…you do the maths! More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya