- COMMAND HEALTH:President Mnangagwa has appointed RTD Gen VP Chiwenga as Minister of Health and Childcare with immediate effect.
- 'OFFENCE-DRIVING WHILE BLACK'- UK COPS STOP BLACK PLAYER for driving posh car
- ZANU PF Secretary for Administration Obert Mpofu who had said, "Hashtags come and go, but ZANU PF (@ZANUPF_Official) endures beyond the trending. Actually, we are the trend-setter. Above all, #ZimbabweanLivesMatter in the heart of ZANU PF's existence. This will remain beyond the trending."
- BEITBRIDGE Border Post closed yesterday after 5 Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) employees, tested positive for COVID-19
- MNANGAGWA'S NEPHEW, ZANU PF Harare South MP Tongai Mnangagwa tests Covid-19 positive
Bulawayo’s Mzilikazi Police Station junior cops refused to be deployed wearing anti-riot gear when there was no threat on violence
There was drama at Bulawayo’s Mzilikazi Police Station on Thursday after junior cops refused to be deployed wearing anti-riot gear when there was no threat on violence.
The Government has been on high alert for demonstrations across the country after reportedly gathering Intel of a nationwide teachers’ strike.
According to sources, demanded to see the officer in charge to register their grievances in a stand off resulted in the district police boss also visiting the station.
“The junior cops refused to be deployed citing several problems which they finally revealed to their Office in Charge after they demanded his presence,” said a police source.
“The junior police officers complained that they were being deployed for twelve hours wearing anti-riot kits, helmets and botons without being informed about any operation.”
A junior police officer who spoke to this publication on condition of anonymity said they are were deployed on static guards points like Fusini, Happy valley, Machiphisini, Noic and VID without any food delivered to them.
He said they spent twelve hours on empty stomachs .
“It was around 0700hrs when junior police officers refused to be deployed as they demanded that their bosses come to the station so that they can express their grievances to them.
“After they refused to be deployed citing their grievances which includes poor working conditions and low salary which is incapacitate for food, rent and transport. Their immediate supervisors informed their bosses about the chaos which caused the Office in Charge to immediately attend the parade in civilian attire,”said the police source.
“The Officer in Charge reminded them saying it was their mandate to maintain law and order so that society lives peacefully . Furthermore, he threatened those who were refusing to be deployed that they might face wrath of the law under the Police Act but Junior officers ignored the order.
“The Officer in Charge of the station immediately summoned Officer Commanding Bulawayo West District who then rushed to the station and called off the operation.” – Byo24
WELCOME EVERYONE: 288,008 MEMBERS, A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 288,786 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,542 people like this and 24,580 people follow this
Followed by 12,822