- NATIONAL CHAIRMAN: MORGAN KOMICHI announces removal of Chamisa as President and that all suspensions and dismissals of any party member by the current leadership between February 2018 and today are null and void.
- POLICE BESEIGED MDC HQ in Harare and barred officials from accessing the offices pending a Supreme court judgment to determine the rightful President of the party.
- BREAKING NEWS: SUPREME COURT RULES MDC Chamisa is not the legitimate President of the party and that Thokozani Khupe is the party's interim president
- Long-serving Zimpapers Masvingo Correspondent Walter Mswazie ,45 died from kidney failure at Makurira Memorial Clinic today.
- TENS OF THOUSANDS OF BRITONS stranded abroad by the coronavirus will be flown home under a new arrangement between the government and airlines.
Matiza, however, says whatever decision the executive members took is null and void.
The drama in the Mashonaland East provincial executive started late Friday night when vice chairperson Bernard Makokova led some members of the executive in announcing the vote of no confidence in Matiza, political commissar Hebert Shumbamhini, secretary for security Tendayi Mangwiro and secretary for legal affairs Kudzima Juru.
Also on the suspension list are women’s league chairperson Apolonia Munzverengwi and her deputy Lyn Gororo as well as youth league chairperson Kelvin Mutsvairo.
However, this Saturday Matiza held a media conference at the party’s offices which was attended by other members of the provincial executive, including those who had earlier been booted out.
The meeting passed a vote of confidence in the leadership of Matiza and resolved to suspend other provincial members they felt had a hand in the bid to ouster the chairman.
The members suspended are Makokova, secretary for administration Lawrence Katsiru, his deputy Cainos Ngoshi, secretary for the disabled Malvern Matimura and secretary for gender Godfrey Chikono.
Also suspended are women’s league members Beatrice Nyamupinga, Petronella Kagonye, Patricia Vito and Miriam Muchineripi as well as youth league members Joel Zhanda and Rodgers Pote.
The drama spilled into Manicaland province where Mashonaland East is conducting a restructuring exercise as Makokova who declared himself acting chairperson is now leading a delegation to conduct the programme.
Matiza and his delegation say they do not recognise the Makokova led team.Source: zbc