- Dr SOLWAYO NGWENYA tweets that Dr Peter Mugobeyi who was abducted almost a week ago has been found disoriented and trying to get lifts to Harare'
- MUGABE'S COUSIN IGNATIOUS CHOMBO'S HEALTH deteriorates and government denies him his passport to seek medical attention from abroad
- #Free Zimbabwe World Awareness Campaign Mnangagwa faces protests at the UN General Assembly in New York next week, from Zimbabweans based in the US
- Chamisa $720k richer as Mnangagwa's treasury releases $3.4 million to MDC under the Political Parties Finance Act.
- DOCTORS, protesting Peter Magombeyi abduction on Saturday after calling for a pay strike, blocked by riot police
According to Muchechetere, the Philip Chiyangwa-led board has reverted to operating as ZIFA as is evidenced by correspondences to the SRC, with body acknowledging the need to follow statutes in the ZIFA dissolution process.
The Minister of Sport and Recreation, Makhosini Hlongwane said the ZIFA dissolution is null and void, adding that there is consensus between the government, the SRC and ZIFA on the need to follow proper regulations in the process.
There had been concern over the government’s deafening silence over the dissolution, but Minister Hlongwane said the silence was deliberate given FIFA’s position on government interference.
Meanwhile, the High Court has removed on the court roll the case of ZIFA creditors who are challenging the change of name of ZIFA to NAFAZ.
Justice Ester Muremba removed the matter after the lawyer representing the applicants failed to provide an eligible constitution of ZIFA.
Justice Muremba indicated that the High Court had asked the lawyers to bring to court the constitution as well as to address the queries which were raised by the Master of the High Court.
ZIFA creditors approached the High Court after they were left in quandary as the football mother body changed not just its name, but also its offices. Source – zbc