- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
EMMERSON MNANGAGWA ZANU PF ASSEMBLES A 12-MEMBER LEGAL TEAM to arrange how to respond to MDC Alliance leader,Nelson Chamisa’s , court challenge to harmonised election results of the 30 July 2018, in which Zanu-PF achieved 145 parliamentary seats against 63 for the MDC Alliance. Chamisa has refused to accept defeat having even adamantly declared well before elections that he would not accept any election outcome in which he loses or Mnangagwa and his Zanu pf are winners.
Nelson Chamisa has indicated that he holds evidence of poll rigging in favour of Zanu-PF by the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (Zec).
The Zanu pf legal team is made up of Zanu-PF Secretary for Legal Affairs, Paul Mangwana, a lawyer.
Patrick Chinamasa also alawyer, said “Zanu-PF will defend the will of the Zimbabwean people as expressed through free, fair, transparent and credible elections that took place on 30 July,” said Chinamasa.
“The Zanu-PF legal team is gravely perturbed by the utterances of the legal practitioners representing the MDC Alliance leader (Mr Chamisa) which are in utter contempt of the judiciary,”
“Statements by the MDC Alliance lawyer suggesting that the judiciary is under capture and biased are a direct attack on the independence of the judiciary and should be considered disgraceful, especially coming from legal practitioners, who as officers of the court, should know better.”
Patrick Chinamasa went on to state that MDC ALLIANCE lawyers will shortly be reported to the Law Society of Zimbabwe.
“In due course, Zanu-PF will lodge complaints with the Law Society of Zimbabwe against the legal practitioners who have crossed the line in so far as their duties to the court are concerned,” said Chinamasa.
Yesterday, Charlton Hwende tweeted: “Our petition challenging the electoral theft by@edmnangagwa has been filed. Tomorrow the lawyers will speak to the press. No to subversion of the people’s will.”
However, a senior MDC Alliance politician David Coltart reportedly dismissed Hwende’s claims as ones coming from the misinformed. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya