- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
EMMERSON MNANGAGWA ZANU PF ASSEMBLES A 12-MEMBER LEGAL TEAM to arrange how to respond to MDC Alliance leader,Nelson Chamisa’s , court challenge to harmonised election results of the 30 July 2018, in which Zanu-PF achieved 145 parliamentary seats against 63 for the MDC Alliance. Chamisa has refused to accept defeat having even adamantly declared well before elections that he would not accept any election outcome in which he loses or Mnangagwa and his Zanu pf are winners.
Nelson Chamisa has indicated that he holds evidence of poll rigging in favour of Zanu-PF by the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (Zec).
The Zanu pf legal team is made up of Zanu-PF Secretary for Legal Affairs, Paul Mangwana, a lawyer.
Patrick Chinamasa also alawyer, said “Zanu-PF will defend the will of the Zimbabwean people as expressed through free, fair, transparent and credible elections that took place on 30 July,” said Chinamasa.
“The Zanu-PF legal team is gravely perturbed by the utterances of the legal practitioners representing the MDC Alliance leader (Mr Chamisa) which are in utter contempt of the judiciary,”
“Statements by the MDC Alliance lawyer suggesting that the judiciary is under capture and biased are a direct attack on the independence of the judiciary and should be considered disgraceful, especially coming from legal practitioners, who as officers of the court, should know better.”
Patrick Chinamasa went on to state that MDC ALLIANCE lawyers will shortly be reported to the Law Society of Zimbabwe.
“In due course, Zanu-PF will lodge complaints with the Law Society of Zimbabwe against the legal practitioners who have crossed the line in so far as their duties to the court are concerned,” said Chinamasa.
Yesterday, Charlton Hwende tweeted: “Our petition challenging the electoral theft by@edmnangagwa has been filed. Tomorrow the lawyers will speak to the press. No to subversion of the people’s will.”
However, a senior MDC Alliance politician David Coltart reportedly dismissed Hwende’s claims as ones coming from the misinformed. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya