- UNITED STATES LAUNCHES a five-year $35 million program that will offer services to 250,000 HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children, 59,500 households, and 15,000 vulnerable youth.
- MURDER: INYATHI MAN (42) , JAILED 17 YEARS FOR KILLING A BAR PATRON in a dispute over 20 cents
- 'MDC ALLIANCE TENDENCY TO DISRESPECT WOMEN IS DISGUSTING'- Zanu-PF Director in the Commissariat, Retired Colonel George Nare
- VP CHIWENGA URGES ZANU PF SUPPORTERS WHO JOINED MDC UNDER MUGABE , to return home and assist in developing Zimbabwe as there is no hope in the opposition.
- SOLDIER ARRESTED AFTER SHOOTING HIS NIECE AND DAUGHTER in a failed attempt to shoot his wife for denying him sex.
Police sources said Mutodi was arrested by detectives from the CID Law and Order section in the morning and taken to Harare Central Police Station for further investigations.
He is still assisting police with investigations and is likely to face treason charges.
On August 6, Mutodi posted an articled with a headline, “WHY CHOOSING A SUCCESSOR IS A DIFFICULT JOB.”
“As President Robert Mugabe begins to look for a possible successor from among his subordinates, Zimbabweans are anxious to know who will eventually be picked to become the country’s second executive president,” he wrote.
“Decision making in succession issues has always been a problem among Africans; resulting in civil wars, repetitive coups and economic turmoil.
“In Lybia for example, Muammar Gaddafi was killed after more than 42 years in power and with no clear successor named. In Ivory Coast, Laurent Gbagbo was defeated in a civil war and jailed overseas while his wife was also prosecuted and jailed for 20 years for aiding her husband in his efforts to retain power at all cost.” Details to follow….
Source – herald
photo-The Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa and arrested controversial Zanu PF youth member Energy Mutodi