- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
- At least 30 senior police police officers from rank of Senior Assistant Commissioners who were seen as aligned to deposed former President Robert Mugabe have been dismissed.
- 'Mugabe fall is a step forward and, Mnangagwa and Chiwenga onto presidency is a thousand steps backwards' -online petition to have Mnangagwa and Chiwenga indicted at the International Criminal Court (ICC) for human rights abuses
- BOND NOTES WILL STAY in circulation, Finance and Economic Planning Minister Patrick Chinamasa, people say 'NO diaspora votes, no elections, else we become an African sh*thole country !
Police sources said Mutodi was arrested by detectives from the CID Law and Order section in the morning and taken to Harare Central Police Station for further investigations.
He is still assisting police with investigations and is likely to face treason charges.
On August 6, Mutodi posted an articled with a headline, “WHY CHOOSING A SUCCESSOR IS A DIFFICULT JOB.”
“As President Robert Mugabe begins to look for a possible successor from among his subordinates, Zimbabweans are anxious to know who will eventually be picked to become the country’s second executive president,” he wrote.
“Decision making in succession issues has always been a problem among Africans; resulting in civil wars, repetitive coups and economic turmoil.
“In Lybia for example, Muammar Gaddafi was killed after more than 42 years in power and with no clear successor named. In Ivory Coast, Laurent Gbagbo was defeated in a civil war and jailed overseas while his wife was also prosecuted and jailed for 20 years for aiding her husband in his efforts to retain power at all cost.” Details to follow….
Source – herald
photo-The Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa and arrested controversial Zanu PF youth member Energy Mutodi