- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,
European Union (EU) member states have now voted in full support of a near complete ban on the use of agricultural chemicals called neonicotinoids or or ‘neonics’ insecticides across the EU.
The world has generally experienced a fall in the number of honeybees, wild bees and other pollinators, because
neonicotinoids are the leading class of insecticides used across the world.
The impact of this type of insecticide , is that contact pesticides, remain on the surface whereas neonics are sprayed or seeds are coated in these pesticides ,absorbed into the plant then arbsorbed into every part of a plant as it grows.
Animal then ingest the pesticides by eating roots , leaves, fruit, flowers and pollen from the plants, and even more shocking, is that 95% ends of neonics pollute the system as they end up in soil, groundwater, air plants growing close by.
Neonicotinoids clearly wreak havoc across wildlife, butterflies, bees, birds, and other animals as the toxin spreads uncontrollably. The European Union has agreed on a ban on neonicotinoids. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya