- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
European Union (EU) member states have now voted in full support of a near complete ban on the use of agricultural chemicals called neonicotinoids or or ‘neonics’ insecticides across the EU.
The world has generally experienced a fall in the number of honeybees, wild bees and other pollinators, because
neonicotinoids are the leading class of insecticides used across the world.
The impact of this type of insecticide , is that contact pesticides, remain on the surface whereas neonics are sprayed or seeds are coated in these pesticides ,absorbed into the plant then arbsorbed into every part of a plant as it grows.
Animal then ingest the pesticides by eating roots , leaves, fruit, flowers and pollen from the plants, and even more shocking, is that 95% ends of neonics pollute the system as they end up in soil, groundwater, air plants growing close by.
Neonicotinoids clearly wreak havoc across wildlife, butterflies, bees, birds, and other animals as the toxin spreads uncontrollably. The European Union has agreed on a ban on neonicotinoids. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya