- 'ONLY THIRTY' attend Movement for Democratic Change formation led by Thokozani Khupe at their manifesto launch in Harare
- PHOTOS OF TOYAL HIGHNESSES THE DUKE AND DUCHESSOF SUSSEX, WEDDING PHOTOS-was a special one indeed as she smiled throughout, the wedding,
- ROYAL WEDDING, TO BE WATCHED BY OVER ONE BILLION PEOPLE WORLDWIDE Die hard Royal fans, in their thousands are streaming to the Windsor area in London, for space to watch the historical event as Megan Markle marries Prince Harry at St Georges Chapel
- A CUBANA de AVIACION Boeing 737-200 has crashed with 104 people on board on takeoff from Havana's Jose Marti International Airport.
- MASS SCHOOL SHOOTING AT SANTA FE HIGH SCHOOL IN USA, leaves ten dead
European Union (EU) member states have now voted in full support of a near complete ban on the use of agricultural chemicals called neonicotinoids or or ‘neonics’ insecticides across the EU.
The world has generally experienced a fall in the number of honeybees, wild bees and other pollinators, because
neonicotinoids are the leading class of insecticides used across the world.
The impact of this type of insecticide , is that contact pesticides, remain on the surface whereas neonics are sprayed or seeds are coated in these pesticides ,absorbed into the plant then arbsorbed into every part of a plant as it grows.
Animal then ingest the pesticides by eating roots , leaves, fruit, flowers and pollen from the plants, and even more shocking, is that 95% ends of neonics pollute the system as they end up in soil, groundwater, air plants growing close by.
Neonicotinoids clearly wreak havoc across wildlife, butterflies, bees, birds, and other animals as the toxin spreads uncontrollably. The European Union has agreed on a ban on neonicotinoids. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya