- ZIMBABWEAN TWINS, JAILED 14 AND 15 YEARS FOR RAPING AND SEXUALLY ASSAULTING an 11-year-old girl over a period of several months in UK
- ARTISANAL MINERS, ATTACKED AND INJURED EIGHT PEOPLE WITH MACHETES IN ESIGODINI IN A a three-day gold war that saw two alleged gold barons being arrested.
- SO , ZEC CHAIRPERSON JUSTICE PRISCILLA CHIGUMBA HAS A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH ZANU PF CABINET MINISTER Winston Chitando. This presents a clear conflict of interest: if Zanu PF loses the election her lover will lose his job. She must do the right thing and resign. Ndatenda
- DOMBOSHAVA MAN ( 38) ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTEMPTING to kill his three children by poisoning them.
- BULAWAYO MAN ARRESTED FOR ASSAULTING WIFE AND SHAVING HER HEAD WITH AN OKAPI KNIFE after she followed him to a sports bet shop to stop him from "wasting money."
European Union (EU) member states have now voted in full support of a near complete ban on the use of agricultural chemicals called neonicotinoids or or ‘neonics’ insecticides across the EU.
The world has generally experienced a fall in the number of honeybees, wild bees and other pollinators, because
neonicotinoids are the leading class of insecticides used across the world.
The impact of this type of insecticide , is that contact pesticides, remain on the surface whereas neonics are sprayed or seeds are coated in these pesticides ,absorbed into the plant then arbsorbed into every part of a plant as it grows.
Animal then ingest the pesticides by eating roots , leaves, fruit, flowers and pollen from the plants, and even more shocking, is that 95% ends of neonics pollute the system as they end up in soil, groundwater, air plants growing close by.
Neonicotinoids clearly wreak havoc across wildlife, butterflies, bees, birds, and other animals as the toxin spreads uncontrollably. The European Union has agreed on a ban on neonicotinoids. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya