- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
- At least 30 senior police police officers from rank of Senior Assistant Commissioners who were seen as aligned to deposed former President Robert Mugabe have been dismissed.
- 'Mugabe fall is a step forward and, Mnangagwa and Chiwenga onto presidency is a thousand steps backwards' -online petition to have Mnangagwa and Chiwenga indicted at the International Criminal Court (ICC) for human rights abuses
- BOND NOTES WILL STAY in circulation, Finance and Economic Planning Minister Patrick Chinamasa, people say 'NO diaspora votes, no elections, else we become an African sh*thole country !
ZIMBABWE’S FORMER Finance minister then Movement of Democratic Change (MDC T) now People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Tendai Biti claims that President Robert Mugabe in 2010 actually blocked the use of neighbouring South Africa currency , the rand from being used as Zimbabwe’s official currency.
It is alleged that it was likely a concern that Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabed may become politically subservient to South African president, Jacob Zuma.
Zimbabwe’s current Finance minister Patrick Chinamasa and Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) governor John Mangudya,continuously been accused globally of deliberately blocking the use of the rand as a way of stemming the hyper inflation and stabilising current cash shortages, which brought in the hated bond notes.
The disclosure by Tendai Biti tends to absolve Chinamasa and Mangudya of any blame. It was also not a surprise to anyone when recently, Mugabe alleged that he didn’t know why Zimbabwe is not using the South African rand, strangely similar to how he claimed ‘innocence ‘ over the brutal gukurahundi genocide in which he butchered over 20,000 Ndebele’s and claimed it was simply a ‘moment of madness’. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
photo-Tendai Biti pictured with Zimvigil activist Alfred Mukuvari recently after addressing the commons about Zimbabwe’s situation. 18/04/1017