- "Ukaona Mnangagwa, waona President, kwete Chamisa"-President Emmerson Mnangagwa's sell-out rally at Murambinda B Primary School,
- PHOTOS: BULAWAYO MDC ALLIANCE RALLY in Pelandaba stadium
- In what will to the public, be one of the most disastrous retail acquisitions ever in history, an Australian firm, Wesfarmers the owner of Homebase has sold the DIY chain for just £1.
- ' MASHONALAND WEST, government minister has reportedly been arrested'
- 'ONLY THIRTY' attend Movement for Democratic Change formation led by Thokozani Khupe at their manifesto launch in Harare
ZIMBABWE’S FORMER Finance minister then Movement of Democratic Change (MDC T) now People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Tendai Biti claims that President Robert Mugabe in 2010 actually blocked the use of neighbouring South Africa currency , the rand from being used as Zimbabwe’s official currency.
It is alleged that it was likely a concern that Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabed may become politically subservient to South African president, Jacob Zuma.
Zimbabwe’s current Finance minister Patrick Chinamasa and Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) governor John Mangudya,continuously been accused globally of deliberately blocking the use of the rand as a way of stemming the hyper inflation and stabilising current cash shortages, which brought in the hated bond notes.
The disclosure by Tendai Biti tends to absolve Chinamasa and Mangudya of any blame. It was also not a surprise to anyone when recently, Mugabe alleged that he didn’t know why Zimbabwe is not using the South African rand, strangely similar to how he claimed ‘innocence ‘ over the brutal gukurahundi genocide in which he butchered over 20,000 Ndebele’s and claimed it was simply a ‘moment of madness’. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
photo-Tendai Biti pictured with Zimvigil activist Alfred Mukuvari recently after addressing the commons about Zimbabwe’s situation. 18/04/1017