- Starving Beitbridge doctor, begs for food.
- FULL TEXT: 'I AM SORRY FOR WORKING with ZANU PF' former Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, Gandawa apologises I
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADERSHIP DECISION TO EXPELL Nelson Chamisa from the party , means Chamisa cannot compete for MDC leadership at extraordinary congress scheduled for 31 July 2020
- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
Matonga (51), who is jointly charged with Onesmo Ndoro (47), appeared before Harare magistrate Barbara Mateko, who remanded them to June 27 on $300 bail each.
The complainant in the matter is Kelvin Chipeta, who is based in South Africa.
Matonga is denying the allegations, saying he did not receive any money from the complainant.
The former minister was, however, placed on remand by consensus after his lawyers Musekiwa Mbanje and Lucky Dube had insisted that their client could not be placed on remand in the absence of the complainant. The complainant is believed to have skipped the border after he overstayed his permit in the country.
Allegations are that sometime in March this year, Chipeta was requested by a United States company to acquire demonetised Zimbabwean trillion dollars notes. Chipeta then contacted Matonga through a social media platform and enquired whether he was able to supply the notes.
It is alleged that Matonga referred Chipeta to Ndoro who is licenced to deal in the notes in Zimbabwe.
The State avers that both parties agreed that Ndoro would supply 3 000 Zimbabwean trillion dollar notes for $10 000. Chipeta and his unnamed partner immediately travelled to Zimbabwe with $10 000 which they declared with the immigration officials.
Matonga and Ndoro then received Chipeta and his partner at Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport and went to a restaurant in Alexandra Park where they were to seal the deal.
Chipeta allegedly handed over US$10 000 to Ndoro, who later counted the money with Matonga. And after counting the money, Ndoro allegedly walked out of the restaurant to ostensibly collect the Zimbabwe trillion dollar notes.
Chipeta and his partner were left seated with Matonga as they waited for Ndoro to return, but he never came back. It is said they tried to call him, but could not get through.
Matonga allegedly kept on reassuring the complainant that Ndoro would return, but to no avail.
Sebastian Mutizirwa appeared for the State. Source – newsday
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows
1)Zimbabwe News 4 us Zimbabweans 188,025 Members
2)ZIMBABWE NEWS, BUILDING A PROSPEROUS POST 2018 VISION 32,161 Members
3) New Zimbabwe Vision group 18,658 members
4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,798 likes
https://www.facebook.com/sibusiso.ngwenya.967Followed by 12,266 people