- UNITED STATES LAUNCHES a five-year $35 million program that will offer services to 250,000 HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children, 59,500 households, and 15,000 vulnerable youth.
- MURDER: INYATHI MAN (42) , JAILED 17 YEARS FOR KILLING A BAR PATRON in a dispute over 20 cents
- 'MDC ALLIANCE TENDENCY TO DISRESPECT WOMEN IS DISGUSTING'- Zanu-PF Director in the Commissariat, Retired Colonel George Nare
- VP CHIWENGA URGES ZANU PF SUPPORTERS WHO JOINED MDC UNDER MUGABE , to return home and assist in developing Zimbabwe as there is no hope in the opposition.
- SOLDIER ARRESTED AFTER SHOOTING HIS NIECE AND DAUGHTER in a failed attempt to shoot his wife for denying him sex.
The 16 charges against Zuma were recently reinstated and relate to a $2.5bn (£1.78bn) arms deal in the 1990s when he was Vice president.
Zuma’s court appearance which only lasted 15 minutes was marked by a heavy police presence outside the Durban court in South Africa, with a focus on a 1990s deal to buy European military equipment to upgrade South Africa’s armed forces.
Jacob Zuma arrived at court with an escort of his security guards and as usual, smiled and waved at supporters at the court in Durban. There was a concentration of a heavily armed police force around Durban court for Zuma’s attendance.
Thousand of Zuma supporters, spent the night holding an overnight vigil in his support in a nearby park. Some supporters held up placards written “Hands off Zuma”.
Jacob Zuma denies the charges and is actually challenging the decision by the law to reinstate the charges against him.
The ANC recalled Jacob Zuma, from office , triggeringhis resignation as South Africa’s president in February 2018, after nine years in office marked by controversy and scandal.
The court hearing lasted only 15 minutes then the judge adjourned the case to 8 June 2018. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya