- Boris Johnson Johnon who is expecting his second child with Carrie is in December confirms he has six children
- AFTER 42 MILION CORONAVIRUS CASES AND OVER 670,000 deaths, US eases coronavirus travel restrictions, re-opening to passengers from the UK, EU and other nations.
- BREAKING NEWS: South Africa Johannesburg's Zimbabwean mayor Jolee Dee Matongo who was elected only last month, has died in a car crash
- A BBC Panorama investigation has found evidence that suggests one of Britain's biggest companies paid a bribe to the former Zimbabwean leader Robert Mugabe
- ANCIENT WORLD'S BIGGEST tree, by volume on Earth, 275ft (83m) General Sherman, about 2,500 years old in California's world-famous Sequoia National Park is wrapped with fire-resistant blankets.
Fidelity Printers and Refiners CEO Alen Marimbe has implicated former Reserve Bank Governor Dr Gideon Gono in allegations of corruption involving millions of dollars.
In his sworn affidavit, Marimbe alleges the cash was released on verbal orders from Dr Gono and was never signed for.
In a new twist to the RBZ multi-million dollar scandal, Marimbe says he together with his senior management are being used as sacrificial lambs.
Marimbe is facing charges of swindling millions of dollars at Fidelity Printers but argues cash was released on verbal requests to Dr Gono’s office either directly or through the governor’s office.
At the time, the understanding was that this was for matters of strategic state interest, says Marimbe.Marimbe contends that as part of the sanctions busting measures, all means possible were employed to ensure such sensitive transactions were handled discreetly to ensure national programmes involving principals and government were not put at risk.
In a related development, former advisor to Dr Gono, Dr Munyaradzi Kereke, has forwarded the affidavit by Marimbe to the Prosecutor General and copied it to the Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs referring the affidavit as confirmation that Dr Gono was involved in the multi-million dollar fraud at Fidelity Printers.
There is a pending Constitutional Court application in which Kereke seeks the intervention of the court to cause the investigation of Dr Gono for acts of widespread corruption and fraud including selling of Fidelity Gold Bullion at discounts of 34 percent to a Saudi private company. – Source-bulawayo24.