- FOUR armed robbers,out on bail on 24 armed robbery charges were shot dead during a shootout with police in Kwekwe late on Wednesday.
- President Mnangagwa finally admits that his deputy VP Chiwenga, missing from publicity for months, is hospitalised in South Africa.
- PARLIAMENTARY PUBLIC ACCOUNTS REVEALS THAT US$3 Billion dollars disappeared through the Command Agriculture between December 2017 and 2018
- 'ZIM descends into a banana republic with military leaders and political leaders running militias who command some sections of the armed forces'
- '4armed robbers George Machanyangwa (37), Harmony Nyati (29), Polite Madamombe (34) and Titus Mashava (42) shot dead by police in Kwekwe'.
FINANCE MINISTER MTHULI NCUBE has outlawed the use of US Dollar, Rand and all foreign currency as legal tender with effect from today, the 24th June 2019.
In a Statutory Instrument 142 of 2019 the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe said the United states dollar, Botswana Pula and South Africa Rand are no longer legal tender in Zimbabwe.
The Statutory Instrument reads:
Subject to section 3, with effect from 24th June 2019, the British pound, United States dollars, South African rand, Botswana pula and any other foreign currency whatsoever shall no longer be legal tender alongside the Zimbabwe dollar in any transactions in Zimbabwe.
Finance and Economic Development Minister Mthuli Ncube says people are free to carry foreign currency but they are not allowed to use it to purchase anything in Zimbabwe.
“If you have US dollars on your person, in your bank account, your foreign currency or nostro account, it’s your money, you can keep it there or do whatever you like, except that if you want to go into a shop in Zimbabwe you should change it into domestic currency”
The MDC Treasurer General Daviid Coltart said, “This is sheer, unadulterated madness. The market has been redollarising precisely because of the lack of confidence in the #RTGS$. You cannot force people to love a currency. They either do or they don’t. This will greatly exacerbate the current chaos.”
Commenting on the matter Professor Jonathan Moyo said, “All they have done is to wakeup with the OLD & failed bondcoins, bondnote and RTGS$ as the NEW previously failed currency called the Zimbabwe Dollar. You will not find a legitimate government anywhere in the civilised & democratic world engaging in such crude currency racketeering.” Source – Byo24see more at http://newzimbabwevision.com/finance-minister-mthuli-ncube-has-outlawed-the-use-of-us-dollar-rand-and-all-foreign-currency-as-legal-tender-with-effect-from-today-the-24th-june-2019/INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1)Zimbabwe News 4 us Zimbabweans 206,362Members2)ZIMBABWE NEWS, BUILDING A PROSPEROUS POST 2018 VISION 32,224 Members3) New Zimbabwe Vision group 18,708 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,802 likes22,796 followers.
https://www.facebook.com/sibusiso.ngwenya.967 Followed by 12,360 people.