- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
Five soldiers reportedly went on rampage in Birkdale farm Mvurwi and assaulted nineteen families before ordering them to set their houses on fire on Thursday afternoon (yesterday).
Sources familiar with the incident allege that a strong member of the Lacoste Charm Chigwida hired soldiers who went to Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Mvurwi with an eviction order from High court and went jointly with police officers to harass the victims.
“Five soldiers came with ZRP officers with eviction order from High court, the order had been down played by the Mugabe regime previously.
“Chigwida hired soldiers who came in rage and assaulted 19 families before ordering them to burn their houses,” explained the source.
Chigwida is a member of Lacoste who had been side-lined by the Generation 40 when they were in power, but it is now pay back time for the G40 members in Birkdale.
Ironically ZANU PF leadership in the farm has issued a complaint against ZRP which they sent to Officer Commanding Guruve district Faith Thlomani yet Zimbabwe National Army (ZNA) was at the fore front of the attack.
Meanwhile, Mashonaland Central has been described by the acting chairman Kazembe Kazembe as the manufacturing plant of the G40 hence a lot of people are being victimized by members of the army.
In December last year a former CIO operative Matthew Dickson Zimba (59) was victimized by soldiers over land dispute in the same farm. Ndou Paul, Byo24News