- A 19-YEAR-OLD BULAWAYO DOMESTIC WORKER FOUGHT OFF two knife-wielding men and sent them fleeing after they broke into a house and tried to rape her and her employer's daughters aged seven and 14 years,
- MDC-T National Council, the Supreme-decision-making body in between Congresses met today deliberated on key issues affecting the partyand fired the MDC T Vice President Thokozani Khuphe
- MUGABE:-BLAME NDEBELES, ZAPU AND ZIPRA FOR GUKURAHUNDI
- The Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (PTUZ) Secretary - General Mr Raymond Majongwe has threatened to take the government to court for failing to address hunger and schooling equipment for school children after 38 years of independence.
- MDC-T NATIONAL CHAIRMAN LOVEMORE MOYO, YESTERDAY QUIT BOTH HIS POSITION AND MDC T PARTY citing, among other issues, what he called the unconstitutional power grab by leader Mr Nelson Chamisa.
Five soldiers reportedly went on rampage in Birkdale farm Mvurwi and assaulted nineteen families before ordering them to set their houses on fire on Thursday afternoon (yesterday).
Sources familiar with the incident allege that a strong member of the Lacoste Charm Chigwida hired soldiers who went to Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Mvurwi with an eviction order from High court and went jointly with police officers to harass the victims.
“Five soldiers came with ZRP officers with eviction order from High court, the order had been down played by the Mugabe regime previously.
“Chigwida hired soldiers who came in rage and assaulted 19 families before ordering them to burn their houses,” explained the source.
Chigwida is a member of Lacoste who had been side-lined by the Generation 40 when they were in power, but it is now pay back time for the G40 members in Birkdale.
Ironically ZANU PF leadership in the farm has issued a complaint against ZRP which they sent to Officer Commanding Guruve district Faith Thlomani yet Zimbabwe National Army (ZNA) was at the fore front of the attack.
Meanwhile, Mashonaland Central has been described by the acting chairman Kazembe Kazembe as the manufacturing plant of the G40 hence a lot of people are being victimized by members of the army.
In December last year a former CIO operative Matthew Dickson Zimba (59) was victimized by soldiers over land dispute in the same farm. Ndou Paul, Byo24News