- 10 ZIMRA OFFICIALS, SEVERAL CUSTOMS AGENTS arrested for 'smuggling vehicles into Zimbabwe-102 vehicles recovered so far'
- 'FORMER Vice President Phelekezela Mphoko seeks presidential immunity from prosecution arguing that his rights are being trampled upon '
- MAN CHARGED WITH DISORDERLY CONDUCT in a public place after dressing his dog in a t-shirt emblazoned with Mnangagwa's face.
- ACCIDENT-5DEAD, 11 injured in kombi crash after the driver lost control near Morgenster Mission Hospital Wednesday morning.
- NEWSDAY INTERVIEW WITH 'AIPPA/ POSA ARCHITECT self-exiled Jonathan Moyo, attempting to appear the victim of a coup that never was'
FORMER SAOUTH AFRICA STATE SECURITY MINISTER Bongani Bongo was arrested on Thursday on charges of corruption.
South African media reported that the corruption charges relate to him allegedly attempting to bribe a parliamentary employee, Ntuthuzelo Vanara, in 2017 by offering him an unlawful gratification.
In 2017, Bongo and the then South Africa’s Minister of Defence and Military Veterans Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula were sent to Zimbabwe to meet the late President Robert Mugabe and the Command Element during the height of the bloody coup that ended 37 years of Mugabe’s iron rule. During the time of the alleged crime, Vanara was leading evidence in Parliament’s probe into state capture at state-owned enterprises. Vanara complained to Parliament’s ethics committee that Bongo had approached him on October 10 and offered him a blank cheque to make the parliamentary probe go away.
In a statement, the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation (the Hawks) detailed the allegations against the former minister, “Bongo who was the minister of state security at the time he allegedly approached an advocate within the commission who was an evidence leader to take sick leave on the day of the commencement of the commission with a view to derail the proceedings. The advocate was offered an open cheque bribe and he consequently alerted his seniors, which culminated in the Hawks investigation.”
He is out on bail. Byo24
WELCOME EVERYONE: 276,010 MEMBERS, A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 276,010 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,336 likes
Followed by 12,717