- ONE OF THE BEST players in N.B.A. history, Star Kobe Bryant 41 , and his daughter Gianna died in a helicopter crash near Calabasas, Calif on Sunday.
- 15 TONNE, 40ft long whale carcass washed ashore from the Gulf of Thailand in Samut Prakan, 30km south of Bangkok.
- Riot police deployed in Hong Kong as coronavirus death toll rises to 81 while 73 people in UK tested and will be confirmed in the UK in the next few weeks.
- EX Harare Town Clerk Mushore believes , exiled ex minister Kasukuwere deserves government farm seizure his Concorpia Farm in Mazowe, Mashonaland Central.
- POLICE STILL SEARCHING FOR NJUBE High School science teacher Brian Mutsiba who allegedly incited 153 pupils pupils to demonstrate in Njube suburb and protest against teachers abandonment of lessons due to poor salaries and increase in fees last Monday, is still on the run.
FOUR villagers from Mwenezi allegedly fatally assaulted a man they accused of being a rapist with logs and switches before dumping his body on a mountain, police confirmed yesterday.
Armstrong Munamo, 27, Prudence Kamazwa, 25, and two boys aged 17 and 15 whose names cannot be disclosed for ethical reasons, allegedly killed Alloy Chishiri, 40, after accusing him of raping a fellow villager in an area under Chief Neshuro.
The four, all from Chimirigwa Village, met Chishiri of Mashingo Village as he walked alone near Neshuro turn-off and attacked him using switches and logs at about 9AM on Saturday.
Masvingo police spokesperson Inspector Charity Mazula said Chishiri’s body was taken to Neshuro Hospital Mortuary for post-mortem and the four suspects have been arrested and are assisting police with investigations.
“I can confirm receiving a report of murder where a man from Mwenezi suspected to be a rapist was killed by four villagers, who include two juveniles, aged 17 and 15. The suspects are expected to appear in court soon facing murder charges,” said Insp Mazula.
She said on the fateful day, the suspects were coming from Neshuro Growth Point when they met Chishiri.
Insp Mazula said the four grabbed Chishiri while accusing him of being a rapist.
Details on the alleged rape were not immediately available.
After grabbing their victim, the four allegedly told him that they were taking him to members of the Neighbourhood Watch Committee (NWC) who would hand him over to the police.
“However, along the way and before meeting the members of the NWC, the four took turns to assault Chishiri using switches and logs until he passed out. They managed to resuscitate Chishiri before dumping him in a field. They then all went to sleep,” Insp Mazula said.
She said on Sunday at around 3AM, the four woke up and went to the field to check on Chishiri’s condition only to find him dead.
“They then took the body to the nearby Viriviri mountain where they dumped it,” Insp Mazula said.
She said Chishiri’s aunt, who is also member of the NWC, Tambudzai Ruvanzo, 32, of Chipiya Village, received a tip-off that her relative had been assaulted by the four.
Insp Mazula said Ruvanzo teamed up with fellow NWC members and investigations led to the arrest of the suspects who made indications as to where they had dumped Chishiri’s body.
Meanwhile, Insp Mazula has warned members of the public against taking the law into their hands. Walter Mswazie . source-chronicle