- ZINARA lays off 250 employees, while another 96 terminations are currently being processed according to Zinara board chair, Michael Madana
- 2 Student nurses in a unit for the mentally infirm, jailed for stoning and filming distressed patients on their mobiles
- GOVERNMENT DISMISSES EX-VP MPHOKO'S US$300 000 in pension benefits claim as the Public Service Commission (PSC) says Mphoko will only be paid his pension in local currency ZWL$ and should not expect any other benefits.
- MARRY CHIWENGA SPILLS THE BEANS: VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S ESTRANGED WIFE , Marry, jells court that the retired army general harbours an ambition to take over the presidency and Chiwenga registered all assets in his relatives’ names in an effort to avoid sanctions that were imposed on him by the United States government.
- TWO TONNES- 92 BAGS/ 2 tonnes of mbanje/ cannabis/ wacky tobacco/ weed found at Forbes Border Post in a truck from Malawi, driver fled
Mr Delahousse said all over the world, evil had been happening as innocent people were being killed and the French government had been working tirelessly on thwarting the assassinations.
“Here in Zimbabwe, a mother, a wife and her two kids are mourning a husband and father who has not returned home because one afternoon he was abducted by yet unidentified people,” he said.
“I do not know that man, all I know is that he was peaceful and fighting with his words to express his ideas. Some people took him for that and he has not been found. This man has become a symbol, I will not let him down.”
Itai Dzamara, who is an MDC-T activist and journalist was reported missing mid-March this year and there has been speculation by the opposition party and the Western countries on his disappearance.
MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai was quoted while addressing a press conference in Harare after the incident saying Dzamara had been abducted by Zanu-PF officials, but failed to provide evidence.
Mr Tsvangirai claimed that Dzamara had been abducted from a hair salon and driven away in an Isuzu vehicle with five unknown men on board.
How he ended up linking the “five unknown men” to Zanu-PF remains a mystery since in the same breath he admitted that no one knew the men.
Police investigations to establish Dzamara’s whereabouts are currently underway. by Abigail Mawonde. Source: the herald