- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
Fuel has risen from $7.55 to $9.01 per litre and diesel from $7.22 to $9.06 per litre due to FOB price movements and the revised duty regime
WASHINGTON — The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) has increased petrol and diesel prices, just a few days following similar increases in a nation devastated by a declining economy.
In a statement, ZERA said with immediate effect the price of petrol has been increased from $7.55 to $9.01 per litre and diesel from $7.22 to $9.06 per litre.
According to the state-controlled energy entity, “the changes in the fuel process are due to FOB (Free on Board) price movements and the revised duty regime … Operator may however, sell at prices below the cap depending on their trading advantages.”
The prices of petrol and diesel have been going up almost every week in Zimbabwe currently experiencing serious foreign currency shortages.
VOA Studio 7 was unable to get a comment from ZERA and state officials.
Independent commentators said the fuel price increases are set to have a huge impact on the prices of basic commodities, which have been unstable following the phasing out of multiple currencies system in Zimbabwe, almost a month ago. VOA
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1) Global News 4us all 210,695 members2) Democratic Prosperous Future 32,287 Members3) Climate, Green Energy, Pollution 18,676 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,970 likes22,969 followers.Manages NewzimbabwevisionFollowed by 12,413 people