- OVER 1 800 machete wielding Zimbabwean thugs arrested in January 2020 as police clamp down on criminals wreaking havoc in mining areas, Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage Minister Kazembe Kazembe said yesterday.
- NO PERMANANT FRIENDS IN ZANU PF, AS President Emmerson Mnangagwa targets farms belonging to former Foreign Affairs minister Walter Mzembi, Mandi Chimene and other top allies of the late Mugabe to swat the Zanu pf G40 faction.
- TEN MACHETE-WIELDING ZIMBABWEANS attacked Colleen Bawn mine workers, killing one before disappearing with about 180 bags of gold ore
- TWO people died on the spot one injured after a Honda Fit car came off the road and hit them in Cowdray Park, Bulawayo yesterday.
- PLUMTREE-Amacimbi, Mopani worms food harvester faces 9 years jail for strangling a charging leopard, to save his life-POACHING?
Fuel has risen from $7.55 to $9.01 per litre and diesel from $7.22 to $9.06 per litre due to FOB price movements and the revised duty regime
WASHINGTON — The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) has increased petrol and diesel prices, just a few days following similar increases in a nation devastated by a declining economy.
In a statement, ZERA said with immediate effect the price of petrol has been increased from $7.55 to $9.01 per litre and diesel from $7.22 to $9.06 per litre.
According to the state-controlled energy entity, “the changes in the fuel process are due to FOB (Free on Board) price movements and the revised duty regime … Operator may however, sell at prices below the cap depending on their trading advantages.”
The prices of petrol and diesel have been going up almost every week in Zimbabwe currently experiencing serious foreign currency shortages.
VOA Studio 7 was unable to get a comment from ZERA and state officials.
Independent commentators said the fuel price increases are set to have a huge impact on the prices of basic commodities, which have been unstable following the phasing out of multiple currencies system in Zimbabwe, almost a month ago. VOA
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1) Global News 4us all 210,695 members2) Democratic Prosperous Future 32,287 Members3) Climate, Green Energy, Pollution 18,676 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,970 likes22,969 followers.Manages NewzimbabwevisionFollowed by 12,413 people