- EX South Africa President Jacob Zuma is currently in Cuba seeking treatment for a memory loss illness linked to an alleged poison plot from 2014.
- BRITISH AMBASSADOR TO ZIMBABWE, Melanie Robinson says because of a failure to implement genuine reforms, Zimbabwe is far from joining the Commonwealth
- PASSPORT- US$318 for diaspora ZWL $53 local, and ZWL $253 FOR emergency passport , with a backlog of 359 288 passports since August 2018-NONSENSE!
- WOMEN POWER !-FINLAND'S THIRD FEMALE PRIME MINISTER, SANNA MARIN (34) IS THE WORLD'S YOUNGEST PRIME MINISTER and her new finance minister Katri Kulmuni, 32
- 10 ZIMRA OFFICIALS, SEVERAL CUSTOMS AGENTS arrested for 'smuggling vehicles into Zimbabwe-102 vehicles recovered so far'
Fuel has risen from $7.55 to $9.01 per litre and diesel from $7.22 to $9.06 per litre due to FOB price movements and the revised duty regime
WASHINGTON — The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) has increased petrol and diesel prices, just a few days following similar increases in a nation devastated by a declining economy.
In a statement, ZERA said with immediate effect the price of petrol has been increased from $7.55 to $9.01 per litre and diesel from $7.22 to $9.06 per litre.
According to the state-controlled energy entity, “the changes in the fuel process are due to FOB (Free on Board) price movements and the revised duty regime … Operator may however, sell at prices below the cap depending on their trading advantages.”
The prices of petrol and diesel have been going up almost every week in Zimbabwe currently experiencing serious foreign currency shortages.
VOA Studio 7 was unable to get a comment from ZERA and state officials.
Independent commentators said the fuel price increases are set to have a huge impact on the prices of basic commodities, which have been unstable following the phasing out of multiple currencies system in Zimbabwe, almost a month ago. VOA
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1) Global News 4us all 210,695 members2) Democratic Prosperous Future 32,287 Members3) Climate, Green Energy, Pollution 18,676 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,970 likes22,969 followers.Manages NewzimbabwevisionFollowed by 12,413 people