- NGWENYAMA "the lion" KING MSWATI III renames Swaziland as the 'the Kingdom of eSwatini' which means the "land of the Swazis'
- 'MDC Alliance major partner, MDC-T is demanding that its partners must step up and show that they deserve constituencies they were allocated in the alliance agreement, because members of the alliance are mere briefcase parties not bringing supporters '
- USA PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP TWEETS "very good news" after 'Rocket man' North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un decision to stop missile launches and shut down its nuclear test site.
- ARSENAL staff and the players were on Friday in a state of profound tears and shock after Wenger disclosed that after 22 years at the helm, this will be his last season as he steps down.
- PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA leaves the Commonwealth summit in Britain, early to deal with "Service Delivery" protests in Mahikeng South Africa
GLOBAL ALLIES, US, FRANCE AND BRITAIN are reportedly likely to launching a military strike as early as the end of this week against Syria, possibly with France in the lead rather than the US and send out a global message on unity about enforcing the prohibitions on chemical weapons and counter Syria’s political and military support from Russia and Iran’
The real risk is that Russian military are on the ground in Syria and there is a potential of the allies military strike hitting a Russian entity and sparking amuch more serious, threat or global war.
This came as the US President Donald Trump promised a “forceful” response, and he along with his Defence Secretary, James Mattis, cancelled travel plans this week in response to an alleged chemical attack in Syria.
Russian representative has said, “I would once again beseech you to refrain from the plans that you’re currently developing,” Moscow’s UN envoy Vasily Nebenzia said on Tuesday.
He warned the US that it will “bear responsibility” for any “illegal military adventure” it carries out.
President Bashar al-Assad’s Syrian government receives military support from Russia and denies using any chemical warfare, but dozens of people reportedly died in an alleged chemical attack on Douma a rebel-controlled town, in the Eastern Ghouta region in Syria. More news to follow, By Sibusiso Ngwenya.