- UNITED STATES LAUNCHES a five-year $35 million program that will offer services to 250,000 HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children, 59,500 households, and 15,000 vulnerable youth.
- MURDER: INYATHI MAN (42) , JAILED 17 YEARS FOR KILLING A BAR PATRON in a dispute over 20 cents
- 'MDC ALLIANCE TENDENCY TO DISRESPECT WOMEN IS DISGUSTING'- Zanu-PF Director in the Commissariat, Retired Colonel George Nare
- VP CHIWENGA URGES ZANU PF SUPPORTERS WHO JOINED MDC UNDER MUGABE , to return home and assist in developing Zimbabwe as there is no hope in the opposition.
- SOLDIER ARRESTED AFTER SHOOTING HIS NIECE AND DAUGHTER in a failed attempt to shoot his wife for denying him sex.
GLOBAL ALLIES, US, FRANCE AND BRITAIN are reportedly likely to launching a military strike as early as the end of this week against Syria, possibly with France in the lead rather than the US and send out a global message on unity about enforcing the prohibitions on chemical weapons and counter Syria’s political and military support from Russia and Iran’
The real risk is that Russian military are on the ground in Syria and there is a potential of the allies military strike hitting a Russian entity and sparking amuch more serious, threat or global war.
This came as the US President Donald Trump promised a “forceful” response, and he along with his Defence Secretary, James Mattis, cancelled travel plans this week in response to an alleged chemical attack in Syria.
Russian representative has said, “I would once again beseech you to refrain from the plans that you’re currently developing,” Moscow’s UN envoy Vasily Nebenzia said on Tuesday.
He warned the US that it will “bear responsibility” for any “illegal military adventure” it carries out.
President Bashar al-Assad’s Syrian government receives military support from Russia and denies using any chemical warfare, but dozens of people reportedly died in an alleged chemical attack on Douma a rebel-controlled town, in the Eastern Ghouta region in Syria. More news to follow, By Sibusiso Ngwenya.