- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
Plans are afoot to have an open prison for female inmates as part of a strategy to rehabilitate and integrate them back into society. Connemara Open Prison caters for male inmates only. The Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Services said rigorous screening is done before one can be placed in an open prison. In a speech delivered during Africa Prisons and Correctional Service Day commemorations on Thursday in Lupane, the Minister of State for Matabeleland North Provincial Affairs, Cain Mathema, said such a facility ensures that family relations and ties are kept open and intact.
“When inmates go on home leave they interact and stay with their families thus preparing for their release. Upon release, the re-integration process would have commenced while one is serving their prison term,” said Minister Mathema.
“Plans are also underway to establish another open prison for females and Government has already approved its establishment. Progress on the implementation is being stalled by inadequate resources. However, as soon as resources permit, execution of the project will commence in earnest.”
The Minister said the country was recording an upsurge in criminal activities due to low economic activity. He urged the public to be innovative and not rely on some other people for employment opportunities.
ZPCS’ acting officer commanding Matabeleland North Assistant Commissioner Modi Nkomo and her deputy Chief Superintendent Greenfield Bulala, officers commanding prisons and inmates attended the event. By nqobile Tshili. source- Herald