- 3National Railways of ZIMBABWE workers died last night in train crash between Mutare and Machipanda
- ZANU-PF initiates MNANGAGWA third term in office campaign
- 'I and my family are Zanu- PF and will not donate to opposition '-Chivayo
- Jailed Russian Alexei Navalny an opposition leader, has died
- 2 South Africa soldiers killed, 2 wounded in DRC (SADC) training.
At at Zimbabweans are struggling with the unavailability of cash, expensive items in shops and prefer to import cheap basic household products and food from neighbouring countries, Mugabe’s Zanu regime has decided broaden the list goods and products under imports restriction by the Ministry’s Statutory Instrument 64 of 2016:-Control of Goods (Open General Import Licence).
This comes only a month after the government placed import ban restrictions upon a total of 36 goods.
The restricted goods included canned fruits,bottled water, salad cream, mayonnaise, jam, peanut butter, mahewu, vegetables, pizza,flavoured milks, yoghurts, ice creams, dairy juice blends,cultured milk, cheese, coffee creamers, white petroleum jellies, camphor creams, body creams along with plastic pipes.
Although to the ‘Discerning Eye, newzimbabwevision the government argues that the full list of goods was drawn up by the private sector, this does not absolve the Government of blame over the resultant confusion and suffering endured by the masses. By Sibusiso Ngwenya.