- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
The First Lady was speaking during the ground breaking ceremony for the Macsheep Housing Scheme in Kadoma on Wednesday which was attended by vice presidents Phelekezela Mphoko and Emmerson Mnangagwa.
The attack is being viewed as directed at Prosecutor-General Johannes Tomana who was quoted as saying 12-year-olds could consent to sex.
Grace resumed her rallies today in Kadoma.
She said, “Then you see someone saying a 12 year old can be married-foolishness mhani”.
She said in Shona, “Unopihwa mbeu onoidyara mugwanga, Pane chinobuda. Inyaya hombe iyi!. Haungafugurisi mwana ane 12 years woti fugura ndikuise mbeu! Aiwa!”
“Pasi nenyaya dzakadaro!”
“There is what is called artificial insemination that women can use to get pregnant so sometimes men are not important.”
Tomana has come under immense pressure as civic society and commentators have demanded his resignation while he has claimed that he was quoted out of context.
His remarks attracted a backlash from politicians and child rights defenders, some of whom labelled him “a sexual pervet” and “a child abuser”. by Thobekile Zhou.Source: Byo24News