- BUS DRIVER HIJACKS AND SETS SCHOOL BUS alight full of handcuffed children 'in retaliation' for migrant drownings
- CYCLONE IDAI VICTIMS (St Charles Lwanga High School students stranded with corpses)
- A woman (67) 'serial stowaway' sneaked past Chicago airport security, and boarded a plane to London without a ticket.
- MDC Alliance dismantling patriarchy towards a people’s movement, and promoting an inclusive people's movement that honours and respects women
- CYCLONE IDAI 300 bodies floating in water, 217 Missing, 102 Injured , 42 Marooned
The First Lady was speaking during the ground breaking ceremony for the Macsheep Housing Scheme in Kadoma on Wednesday which was attended by vice presidents Phelekezela Mphoko and Emmerson Mnangagwa.
The attack is being viewed as directed at Prosecutor-General Johannes Tomana who was quoted as saying 12-year-olds could consent to sex.
Grace resumed her rallies today in Kadoma.
She said, “Then you see someone saying a 12 year old can be married-foolishness mhani”.
She said in Shona, “Unopihwa mbeu onoidyara mugwanga, Pane chinobuda. Inyaya hombe iyi!. Haungafugurisi mwana ane 12 years woti fugura ndikuise mbeu! Aiwa!”
“Pasi nenyaya dzakadaro!”
“There is what is called artificial insemination that women can use to get pregnant so sometimes men are not important.”
Tomana has come under immense pressure as civic society and commentators have demanded his resignation while he has claimed that he was quoted out of context.
His remarks attracted a backlash from politicians and child rights defenders, some of whom labelled him “a sexual pervet” and “a child abuser”. by Thobekile Zhou.Source: Byo24News