- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
The First Lady was speaking during the ground breaking ceremony for the Macsheep Housing Scheme in Kadoma on Wednesday which was attended by vice presidents Phelekezela Mphoko and Emmerson Mnangagwa.
The attack is being viewed as directed at Prosecutor-General Johannes Tomana who was quoted as saying 12-year-olds could consent to sex.
Grace resumed her rallies today in Kadoma.
She said, “Then you see someone saying a 12 year old can be married-foolishness mhani”.
She said in Shona, “Unopihwa mbeu onoidyara mugwanga, Pane chinobuda. Inyaya hombe iyi!. Haungafugurisi mwana ane 12 years woti fugura ndikuise mbeu! Aiwa!”
“Pasi nenyaya dzakadaro!”
“There is what is called artificial insemination that women can use to get pregnant so sometimes men are not important.”
Tomana has come under immense pressure as civic society and commentators have demanded his resignation while he has claimed that he was quoted out of context.
His remarks attracted a backlash from politicians and child rights defenders, some of whom labelled him “a sexual pervet” and “a child abuser”. by Thobekile Zhou.Source: Byo24News