- 'Angola’s ex-president Dos Santos’ defends his son and ex central bank gov over embezzling US$500 million from Angola's ’s sovereign wealth fund'.
- 'Lesotho’s ruling party gave PM Thabane an ultimatum to resign by yesterday after his wife was charged with the murder of her rival'.
- A GURUVE ZIMBABWE WOMAN (29) SCALDED HER HUSBAND WITH HOT water after he caught her being intimate with her boyfriend in an outside toilet..
- GVT appoints Mass Media trustees, following a 20 year dormant Zimbabwe Mass Media Trust, which interestingly is the majority shareholder in Zimpapers.
- UK: GODFREY ZIMBIZI (23) jailed 18 months after bank customers were tricked out of more than £1million when they were sent texts asking if they’d made a large payment to Amazon, a court heard.
The First Lady was speaking during the ground breaking ceremony for the Macsheep Housing Scheme in Kadoma on Wednesday which was attended by vice presidents Phelekezela Mphoko and Emmerson Mnangagwa.
The attack is being viewed as directed at Prosecutor-General Johannes Tomana who was quoted as saying 12-year-olds could consent to sex.
Grace resumed her rallies today in Kadoma.
She said, “Then you see someone saying a 12 year old can be married-foolishness mhani”.
She said in Shona, “Unopihwa mbeu onoidyara mugwanga, Pane chinobuda. Inyaya hombe iyi!. Haungafugurisi mwana ane 12 years woti fugura ndikuise mbeu! Aiwa!”
“Pasi nenyaya dzakadaro!”
“There is what is called artificial insemination that women can use to get pregnant so sometimes men are not important.”
Tomana has come under immense pressure as civic society and commentators have demanded his resignation while he has claimed that he was quoted out of context.
His remarks attracted a backlash from politicians and child rights defenders, some of whom labelled him “a sexual pervet” and “a child abuser”. by Thobekile Zhou.Source: Byo24News