- MDC vice-chair Sikhala has threatened to initiate constitutional processes to push out Mnangagwa's government from power as the economic turmoil and deteriorating social and political space in Zimbabwe could not be allowed to continue.
- SIX Mutoko parents and teachers were arrested on Thursday for staging a protest against the deterioration of standards in the education sector
- 'A Twin Farm , Dromoland, Zimbabwe farmer has been arrested for shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property'
- AN Inyathi farmer of Twin Farm in Dromoland, Zimbabwe has been arrested on charges of shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property
- 'RYANAIR BOSS Michael O'Leary branded 'racist' after suggesting Muslim men should face extra searches at airports. because Muslim men 'are more likely to be terrorists'
THE MDC says First Lady Grace Mugabe might be the “world’s first female dictator” and seek to torment her adversaries in Zanu-PF, Southern Eye reported.
MDC national organising secretary Shepherd Dube yesterday told Southern Eye that developments on the ground showed that Grace was keen to take over power from her husband, President Robert Mugabe.
“In case Grace Mugabe becomes President, within the first three months of her rule she will arrest many Zanu-PF and opposition politicians, and amend the Constitution to make herself the life President of Zimbabwe,” Dube said.
“In my view, after Mugabe goes, there will either be a civil war in Zimbabwe that will not last more than three months or Grace Mugabe will become the life President.”
Dube also said former Vice President Joice Mujuru was not yet “completely out of the Zanu-PF succession debate” because she had more backing from the military than both the First Lady and Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa.
“As Jonathan Moyo says, Mnangagwa is not a crocodile but a mere ambitious lizard. In terms of military backing, Mujuru actually has more military backing than both Mnangagwa and Grace. And I am not one of those people who believe that Mujuru is completely out of Zanu-PF succession race,” Dube said.
Mujuru was fired from Zanu-PF along with over 141 of her perceived loyalists on allegations of plotting against Mugabe. She is linked to a new political movement, People First that aims to challenge Mugabe’s hegemony in the 2018 general elections.
Mnangagwa and Grace are reportedly in a succession tussle as Mugabe advances in age.
Dube said the military would likely be hostile to a Mnangagwa rule in support of Mujuru. – Source-southern eye