- UK BASED TELEVANGELIST Prophet Uebert Angel through the Uebert Angel Foundation made a donation to disadvantaged people,at Mai Musodzi HalI in Mbare Harare .
- Hundreds flock to beaches as the "Cummings effect" of Boris Johnson's senior adviser Dominic Cummings gathers momentum
- CHIWENGA SAYS THE LATE FORMER PRESIDENT MUGABE was a murderer but he died so people should not fear death.
- I SAID, PM JOHNSON, will go down swinging, now Douglas Ross, the Conservative MP for Moray, has resigned over Cummings refusal to apologise for breaching lockdown measures
- ZIMBABWE'S Former accountant, General Daniel Muchemwa died, on Sunday morning at Dandaro Hospital in Borrowdale, Harare and the family suspects foul play
THE MDC says First Lady Grace Mugabe might be the “world’s first female dictator” and seek to torment her adversaries in Zanu-PF, Southern Eye reported.
MDC national organising secretary Shepherd Dube yesterday told Southern Eye that developments on the ground showed that Grace was keen to take over power from her husband, President Robert Mugabe.
“In case Grace Mugabe becomes President, within the first three months of her rule she will arrest many Zanu-PF and opposition politicians, and amend the Constitution to make herself the life President of Zimbabwe,” Dube said.
“In my view, after Mugabe goes, there will either be a civil war in Zimbabwe that will not last more than three months or Grace Mugabe will become the life President.”
Dube also said former Vice President Joice Mujuru was not yet “completely out of the Zanu-PF succession debate” because she had more backing from the military than both the First Lady and Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa.
“As Jonathan Moyo says, Mnangagwa is not a crocodile but a mere ambitious lizard. In terms of military backing, Mujuru actually has more military backing than both Mnangagwa and Grace. And I am not one of those people who believe that Mujuru is completely out of Zanu-PF succession race,” Dube said.
Mujuru was fired from Zanu-PF along with over 141 of her perceived loyalists on allegations of plotting against Mugabe. She is linked to a new political movement, People First that aims to challenge Mugabe’s hegemony in the 2018 general elections.
Mnangagwa and Grace are reportedly in a succession tussle as Mugabe advances in age.
Dube said the military would likely be hostile to a Mnangagwa rule in support of Mujuru. – Source-southern eye