- POLITICS IS A DIRTY GAME: HERO TO ZERO IN 37 YEARS: Independence 18 April 1980- Coup on 14 November 2017
- SUSPENDED (ZINARA CEO Engineer Nancy Masiyiwa-Chamisa and finance director Taranhike fired, for alleged gross incompetence and abuse of office.
- (RBZ) orders banks to freeze all accounts belonging to, Kudakwashe Tagwirei a.k.a 'Queen Bee's Sakunda Holdings, Sakunda Holdings sister companies; Access Finance, Spartan Security and Croco Motors,
- SHEFFIELD CLIMATE CHANGE PROTEST: brought city to a standstill as children lobby the government and people over the destruction of the climate,
- UNIVERSITY OF ZIMBABWE 2019 class of graduating medical students to boycott their graduation due to be capped by President Mnangagwa.
THE MDC says First Lady Grace Mugabe might be the “world’s first female dictator” and seek to torment her adversaries in Zanu-PF, Southern Eye reported.
MDC national organising secretary Shepherd Dube yesterday told Southern Eye that developments on the ground showed that Grace was keen to take over power from her husband, President Robert Mugabe.
“In case Grace Mugabe becomes President, within the first three months of her rule she will arrest many Zanu-PF and opposition politicians, and amend the Constitution to make herself the life President of Zimbabwe,” Dube said.
“In my view, after Mugabe goes, there will either be a civil war in Zimbabwe that will not last more than three months or Grace Mugabe will become the life President.”
Dube also said former Vice President Joice Mujuru was not yet “completely out of the Zanu-PF succession debate” because she had more backing from the military than both the First Lady and Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa.
“As Jonathan Moyo says, Mnangagwa is not a crocodile but a mere ambitious lizard. In terms of military backing, Mujuru actually has more military backing than both Mnangagwa and Grace. And I am not one of those people who believe that Mujuru is completely out of Zanu-PF succession race,” Dube said.
Mujuru was fired from Zanu-PF along with over 141 of her perceived loyalists on allegations of plotting against Mugabe. She is linked to a new political movement, People First that aims to challenge Mugabe’s hegemony in the 2018 general elections.
Mnangagwa and Grace are reportedly in a succession tussle as Mugabe advances in age.
Dube said the military would likely be hostile to a Mnangagwa rule in support of Mujuru. – Source-southern eye