- NELSON CHAMISA’S OPPOSITION MDC SEE'S THE LIGHT and goes silent on questioning the legitimacy of Mnangagwa, paving the way for possible talks
- 'AFTER BREXIT departure, the UK will be, a second-rate player, while the main battlefield will be occupied by China, the US and the EU'-Tusk
- ACCIDENT: Six killed in collision between a haulage truck and a commuter bus at Maranda turn off, 166km from Masvingo on the Beitbridge Highway on Tuesday.
- Sibusiso Moyo was on Tuesday admitted to a SA hospital for operation, days after gvt fired a third of Zimbabwe's doctors leaving millions of people without access to health care.
- (ZIMTA), SAYS teachers a will now work a two-day week
First Lady Grace Mugabe was yesterday showered with fawning birthday messages by government departments and parastatals as she turned 50 yesterday.
Dozens of politicians, business people, and services chiefs have gone into a frenzy, send congratulatory messages to the First Lady, Grace Mugabe, as she celebrates her 50th birthday.
The bootlicking by ministers and heads of parastatals has traditionally been reserved for Grace’s 91-year-old husband President Robert Mugabe.
Grace, a former secretary who married Mugabe in 1996 after the death of his first wife Sally, will be feted at a lavish party to held at the First Family’s posh “Blue Roof” residence in Borrowdale, Harare, tomorrow.
She is now touted as one of Mugabe’s potential successors and Zanu PF officials who dominate parastatals’ top management and government departments booked acres of space in the State media to ingratiate themselves with the party’s new power broker.
Information Communication Technology minister Supa Mandiwanzira and officials in his ministry led the bootlicking.
Messages have been placed in the media seemingly to prove their undying love and loyalty to Grace. – Source-newsday
photo-Grace and Robert Mugabe wedding in 1996-buzzsouthafrica