- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
FIRST LADY Grace Mugabe’s company ALPHA and Omega Dairy may be taking advantage of desperate job seekers by making them pay before they are employed as vendors.
A senior manager at the firm recently revealed that the struggling business would have collapsed if it wasn’t for state support through orders from the army, the police and other government institutions.
The First Family’s company sells ice cream, yoghurt, fresh milk, cultured milk and mineral water among other products.
The shock move by Grace’s company appears to be at odds with what many Zanu PF apologists call her – “Our saving Grace” and “Mother of the nation.”
The officially sponsored image of President Mugabe’s wife is that of a philanthropist whose works to help underprivileged members of the society, especially orphans and the poor.
An advert that has been posted on many places near her farm in Mazowe, Concession and Glendale reads: “Vendors Wanted.
“New vendors are wanted for high and low density areas in Harare, Bulawayo, Mutare, Gweru and Masvingo.
“We are looking for hardworking and self-driven individuals to join the company as vendors,” it further says.
Interested jobseekers are then asked to part with a $50 fee when they submit photocopies of requested documents.
The notice goes on to say that some of the requirements are proof of residence, photocopy of I.D, guarantor’s I.D (photocopy), one passport size photo and vetted finger prints.
NewZimbabwe.com sought to verify whether the advert was authentic and called ALPHA and Omega offices.
“All the details on the advert are correct and factual and you can come and drop your documents at our Head Office at Number 36 Simon Mazorodze Road in Harare,” said the lady who answered the call.
Asked if the money was refundable if one did not get the job, the lady said she was busy to answer such a question as she was attending to thousands of people who were dropping their documents and paying the required deposit.
“Do you want the job? If so, please bring the requested documents.
“I have thousands of vendors waiting to pay their deposit than waste my time answering such questions,” she retorted before putting the phone down. source-newzimbabwe