- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
In an unprecedented wave of the failed Zanu PF government, orchestrated redudancies, the Harare City Council has joined the bandwagon of dismissals by laying off a total of almost 3000 workers on three months’ notice, courtesy of the recent Supreme Court ruling.
To everyone’s surprise, these dismissals have been excecuted at atime that Mugabe’s Zanu PF regime is feigning concern by claiming that they are currently working on amending the Labour Act, to curtail the ruthless wave of dismissals.
The Supreme Court ruling has so far resulted in a total of more than of 22 000 workers losing their jobs on three months’ notice since the 17th of July 2015 is now above 22 000, a massive blow to the destitute Zimbabweans, whose main source of employment is now virtually that of fruit and vegetable vendors, irrespective of whether one is a graduate or uneducated individual.
To the discerning eye, this is typically proof that Mugabe’s ruthless, corrupt and illegitimate Zanu PF regime has created a failed Zimbabwe state. Mugabe’s regime, in their infamous NIKUV ballot win of 31st July 2013, had promised the electorate, the creation of 2 million jobs, but its now almost clear that this was a printing error in the Zanu PF Nikuv campaign manifesto as, in reality they have managed to create 2million unemployed and destitute citizens, whilst , through their heartless criminal activities, they have become filthy rich US$ multi millionaires. By Sibusiso Ngwenya, see more at www.newzimbabwevision.com.