- DRIVERLESS BUSES FLEET- such as in Shenzhen, China, now ready for UK in 2020 after £4.35m part-funding from the UK government ( Project Cav Forth )
- DRAMA as Bulawayo's Mzilikazi Police Station junior cops refused to be deployed wearing anti-riot gear when there was no threat on violence
- ZIMBABWEAN Seth Van Beek 18, from Preston, is now UK's youngest licensed commercial pilot, after completing 18 months training and clocked up 150 hours in the air before he passed with flying colours.
- ZINARA lays off 250 employees, while another 96 terminations are currently being processed according to Zinara board chair, Michael Madana
- 2 Student nurses in a unit for the mentally infirm, jailed for stoning and filming distressed patients on their mobiles
Zimbabwe is facing a terrible period with dams now running close to minimum usable level water flow.
Harare city council forewarned the public about forth coming water rationing schemes.
As promised, the water rationing regime has arrived and Harare City council has released the schedule which will cover residential areas as from the 23rd of January up until the 31st of May 2016.
The areas that will suffer this water rationing scheme include Mufakose, Inkomo, Budiriro,Glenview, Sublime,Norton Glennorah, ,Marimba and Willovale.
The water crisis is compounded by the drought brought on by the El-nino effect, which is a weather pattern affecting the globe, in a way that is predicted to cause mass starvation especially in worst hit areas including central to southern Africa. By Sibusiso Ngwenya