- RTD GEN: VICE-PRESIDENT Constantino Chiwenga's estranged wife, Marry Mubaiwa, has appealed to child rights activists to help her secure custody of her children, repeating claims that the former army boss is after her life, and alleged that President Emmerson Mnangagwa has failed to assist her.
- Zanu-PF wants Chamisa Biti charged with treason over sanctions
- ZANU PF PUSHES FOR life Presidency for President Emmerson Mnangagwa, round 2, enter Mugabe culture..lets go!
- CHINA HAS FIRED ‘ a nuclear -capable hypersonic missile that circled the earth before speeding towards its target and striking the target' catching US intelligence services by surprise, it was reported.
- HARARE SODOM AND GOMORAH SEX PARTY-FIFTEEN of the 16 Harare residents arrested on Saturday for engaging in a sex orgy at a private house in Kuwadzana 2 were yesterday released on free bail and remanded to today.
The diarrhoea outbreak in Harare’s Glen View high-density suburb has persisted in the absence of potable water, compounded by a poor response by council authorities to finding a solution to sewer bursts.
Stakeholders, including the Community Water Alliance (CWA), are now lobbying for the outbreak to be declared a national disaster as the water crisis deepens in most suburbs, threatening the outbreak of water-borne diseases.
“The City of Harare is reporting to partners that these areas have been addressed and yet some houses are flooded with sewer,” CWA said in a statement.
Residents from the affected areas are now concerned about worse outbreaks of cholera and typhoid.
In ward 30, all the residents who contracted diarrhoea were all drinking water from a nearby well.
“This water source requires testing,” one Joylene, from CWA, said.
Another concern is that some residents with diarrhoea are being asked to pay at the clinic, despite an announcement by city health director Prosper Chonzi that all those affected would get free services.
“We urge all infected people to go to the clinics for free screening and treatment,” Chonzi said recently.
CWA, which has been keeping tabs on the area, is now demanding collective stakeholder efforts to contain the situation.
Last year, Glen View was the epicentre of a serious cholera outbreak, which killed more than 50 people and left hundreds hospitalised.
Government, in response, collaborated with partners and rolled out a cholera vaccination programme to mitigate the impact of the disease. Source – newsdayphoto-The New HumanitarianRaw sewage continues to flow from a burst sewer pipe outside a house in Kuwadzana 3 township in Harare.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1)Zimbabwe News 4 us Zimbabweans 206,362Members2)ZIMBABWE NEWS, BUILDING A PROSPEROUS POST 2018 VISION 32,224 Members3) New Zimbabwe Vision group 18,708 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,802 likes22,796 followers.
https://www.facebook.com/sibusiso.ngwenya.967 Followed by 12,360 people.