- OVER 1 800 machete wielding Zimbabwean thugs arrested in January 2020 as police clamp down on criminals wreaking havoc in mining areas, Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage Minister Kazembe Kazembe said yesterday.
- NO PERMANANT FRIENDS IN ZANU PF, AS President Emmerson Mnangagwa targets farms belonging to former Foreign Affairs minister Walter Mzembi, Mandi Chimene and other top allies of the late Mugabe to swat the Zanu pf G40 faction.
- TEN MACHETE-WIELDING ZIMBABWEANS attacked Colleen Bawn mine workers, killing one before disappearing with about 180 bags of gold ore
- TWO people died on the spot one injured after a Honda Fit car came off the road and hit them in Cowdray Park, Bulawayo yesterday.
- PLUMTREE-Amacimbi, Mopani worms food harvester faces 9 years jail for strangling a charging leopard, to save his life-POACHING?
Harare Mayor, Bernard Manyenyeni made the shocking announcement while concluding a full council meeting this evening, citing what he described as unresolved issues.
Councillors were as equally shocked with the decision.
Deputy Mayor, Councillor Thomas Muzuva said they were never consulted on the matter.
After some probing from the media, Mayor Manyenyeni revealed that the indefinite suspension is to pave way for the succession issue and the thorny issue of hefty salaries for executives.
Dr Mahachi said the organisation had been working on a succession plan, but queried the Mayor’s decision, saying it does not make legal sense.
This is not the first time that the Mayor has suspended the Town Clerk and the decision was reversed by the Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing, Dr Ignatius Chombo.
Meanwhile, Mrs Josephine Ncube will be the Acting Town Clerk.