- FOUR PRISON OFFICERS BASED AT MUTARE REMAND PRISON pr died on the spot after the vehicle they were travelling in collided with a haulage truck at Selbourne, along Mutare-Nyanga Road
- MAT NORTH POLICE com Makodza's lawyers complain to Com-Gen Matanga against corruption by a constable married to a (Zacc) investigating officer probing him in his criminal abuse of office case.
- OVER 12 500 INDIGENOUS CHILONGA CHIREDZI VILLAGERS DISPLACED by Mnangagwa's cronies at Dendairy family farm.
- RTD Gen, VP Chiwenga's three minor children are in the care of maids after he blocked their mum Marry from seeing them
- VP RTD GENERAL CHIWENGA, is building a multimillionaire home in Manombe Close, Carrick Creagh Estate in Borrowdale
Harare Mayor, Bernard Manyenyeni made the shocking announcement while concluding a full council meeting this evening, citing what he described as unresolved issues.
Councillors were as equally shocked with the decision.
Deputy Mayor, Councillor Thomas Muzuva said they were never consulted on the matter.
After some probing from the media, Mayor Manyenyeni revealed that the indefinite suspension is to pave way for the succession issue and the thorny issue of hefty salaries for executives.
Dr Mahachi said the organisation had been working on a succession plan, but queried the Mayor’s decision, saying it does not make legal sense.
This is not the first time that the Mayor has suspended the Town Clerk and the decision was reversed by the Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing, Dr Ignatius Chombo.
Meanwhile, Mrs Josephine Ncube will be the Acting Town Clerk.