- 'Zimbabweans don’t read are ill informed: US sanctions are not for human rights violations but super power interests'-Trevor Ncube (AMH)Alpha Media Holdings boss
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders.
- 'A UK-based Zimbabwean woman was found lying in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds, inflicted allegedly by her husband.'
- High Court has cleared Kasukuwere after ruling that charges filed by prosecutors did not disclose an offence.
Harare Mayor, Bernard Manyenyeni made the shocking announcement while concluding a full council meeting this evening, citing what he described as unresolved issues.
Councillors were as equally shocked with the decision.
Deputy Mayor, Councillor Thomas Muzuva said they were never consulted on the matter.
After some probing from the media, Mayor Manyenyeni revealed that the indefinite suspension is to pave way for the succession issue and the thorny issue of hefty salaries for executives.
Dr Mahachi said the organisation had been working on a succession plan, but queried the Mayor’s decision, saying it does not make legal sense.
This is not the first time that the Mayor has suspended the Town Clerk and the decision was reversed by the Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing, Dr Ignatius Chombo.
Meanwhile, Mrs Josephine Ncube will be the Acting Town Clerk.