- OVER 1 800 machete wielding Zimbabwean thugs arrested in January 2020 as police clamp down on criminals wreaking havoc in mining areas, Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage Minister Kazembe Kazembe said yesterday.
- NO PERMANANT FRIENDS IN ZANU PF, AS President Emmerson Mnangagwa targets farms belonging to former Foreign Affairs minister Walter Mzembi, Mandi Chimene and other top allies of the late Mugabe to swat the Zanu pf G40 faction.
- TEN MACHETE-WIELDING ZIMBABWEANS attacked Colleen Bawn mine workers, killing one before disappearing with about 180 bags of gold ore
- TWO people died on the spot one injured after a Honda Fit car came off the road and hit them in Cowdray Park, Bulawayo yesterday.
- PLUMTREE-Amacimbi, Mopani worms food harvester faces 9 years jail for strangling a charging leopard, to save his life-POACHING?
High Court overrules Intratrek director Chivayo attempt to stop his criminal prosecution over the Gwanda solar project.
Chivayo is facing $5,6 million fraud charges over the bungled deal.
He had approached the High Court for stay of proceedings pending a determination of his application for review he lodged with the same court in November last year. This was after the lower court rejected his request for exception to the charges.
In his ruling on Monday, Justice Joseph Musakwa upheld the lower court’s analysis of the exception to the fraud charges.
He said the presiding magistrate Mr Lazini Ncube properly applied provisions of Section 146 of the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Act on the fraud charges.
“Therefore, in light of there being no formal defects of the charges, it follows that the review application has no prospects of success in respect of those counts,” ruled Justice Musakwa.