- The militarised Mnangagwa Zanu pf regime will prioritise the more important Zanu pf Cabinet ministers for covid vaccine
- EU THREATENS TO BLOCK EXPORTS OF the Belgian-made Pfizer jabs amid a row with UK-based AstraZeneca.
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA to preside over a triple Zanu pf burial at Thieves a.ka Heroes Acre on Wednesday,
- THE UK NO LONGER HAS THE WORST coronavirus death rate in the world, figures have revealed.
- BULAWAYO ROADS ARE FULL OF POTHOLES, AND Zimbabwe United Passenger Company (Zupco) buses have abandoned several routes despite being the sole public transporter.
High Court overrules Intratrek director Chivayo attempt to stop his criminal prosecution over the Gwanda solar project.
Chivayo is facing $5,6 million fraud charges over the bungled deal.
He had approached the High Court for stay of proceedings pending a determination of his application for review he lodged with the same court in November last year. This was after the lower court rejected his request for exception to the charges.
In his ruling on Monday, Justice Joseph Musakwa upheld the lower court’s analysis of the exception to the fraud charges.
He said the presiding magistrate Mr Lazini Ncube properly applied provisions of Section 146 of the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Act on the fraud charges.
“Therefore, in light of there being no formal defects of the charges, it follows that the review application has no prospects of success in respect of those counts,” ruled Justice Musakwa.