- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
HIGH Court judge Justice David Mangota, on Monday reserved judgment in the lawsuit in which United Family International Church (UFIC) leader Emmanuel Makandiwa and his wife, Ruth are being sued for $6,5 million by their former congregants, businessman Upenyu Mashangwa and his wife, Blessing, over alleged false prophecies.
In their lawsuit Mashangwa and his wife claimed that sometime in 2012 Makandiwa misrepresented in his prophecy that the couple would encounter a “debt cancellation miracle” before encouraging them to continue giving to the church.
But, as time went by the couple said, their Marlborough house in Harare was attached and sold for $500 000 instead of $700 000 among other losses which they encountered later.
The business couple said “instead of meeting the claims head on and establishing the truth of their representations, the prophets had decided to hide behind curtains of legalism and subterfuge”.
“The power of God is undoubted and every believer would believe that God can do anything. The case brought however, is that God had not spoken to the Makandiwas about debt cancellation, they abused the name of God and took advantage of their congregants who believe in the power of God and who were of the view that the ‘prophets’ had communion with Him. The plaintiffs allege that the false and fraudulent representation having been made, they took certain decisions to their prejudice,” Mpofu said. Source Charles Laiton newsday