- RTD GEN VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S EX WIFE, MARRY MUBAIWA WAS YESTERDAY BROUGHT TO COURT IN AN AMBULANCE, carried into the building on a stretcher and then pushed into the courtroom on a wheelchair while on an intravenous injection, after a warrant of arrest was issued against her for failing to attend a court remand hearing on charges of attempted murder and externalising foreign currency.
- Johannesburg. — PRICES OF FOOD AND OTHER COMMODITIES are likely to increase as a backlash from the ongoing attacks on trucks in South Africa forces distributors to seek alternative logistics.
- SOME WESTERN COUNTRIES ARE POURING SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNTS of money through non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to unite feuding MDC factions.
- ABUKA. — 110 RICE FARMERS KILLED BY BOKO HARAM ISLAMIST INSURGENTS in Nigeria’s northeast , a United Nations official said.
- FORMER Finance Minister, Tendai Biti has described as a ‘bank heist', businessman Kuda Tagwirei's reported acquisition of ZB Bank and becoming a major shareholder against the provisions of the Banking Act.
HIGHER and Tertiary Education Minister Jonathan Moyo Saturday defied President Robert Mugabe’s call for his lieutenants not to use the internet to castigate each other.
Mugabe in his address to the Zanu PF Central Committee Wednesday ordered his comrades off social media.
Said the veteran leader: “If you want to depend on the Internet for your own direction then you are being wrong-minded.
“Let us also not undermine each other.”
But Moyo used his Twitter account to indirectly condemn his successor at the information ministry for allowing Zimpapers to use the recent Supreme Court judgment to fire employees.
Although listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange, Zimpapers is majority-owned by the government and management consults the information ministry on major decisions.
Despite its major titles, The Herald and The Sunday Mail, criticising the job losses, Zimpapers last week announced it was firing 109 employees using the widely condemned Supreme Court ruling.
“First The Herald denounces Supreme Court labour judgment only for Zimpapers to use the same judgment to fire 109 of its employees. Sad!” said Moyo on Twiter.
The minister was, last month, moved from the influential information portfolio to the Higher Education ministry in a mini cabinet reshuffle that also saw then long-serving Local Government Minister Ignatius Chombo moved to Home Affairs, while his position was allocated to his political arch-foe Saviour Kasukuwere.
In comments likely directed at Moyo who, since joining the social networking platforms, has attacked not only comrades in the party but also foreign governments including South Africa, Mugabe called for restraint.
“Throwing on the Internet this about so-and-so. No,” said Mugabe.
“If you are making objective accusations, why should they go to the Internet first? They should come to us.”
Recently Moyo used Twitter to express concern over the haranguing of his friend Kasukuwere in parliament by Zanu PF legislator Justice Mayor Wadyajena.
Mugabe also castigated some ministers for grumbling over the reshuffle. source-newzimbabwe