- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
Trees were set ablaze by lava but the main threat is gas spewing from cracks in the ground, to as high as 30,000 feet a height where planes fly at.
Planes have been stopped from flying through the area as volcanic ash clogs up aircraft engines and can stop engines running. The volcano has been dormant since 1983, with larva flowing from craters since it became active and now that there have been 119 earthquakes on the Hawaii Island since Thursday afternoon, there is concern about what is on the horizon for the Island.. Friday’s earthquake registered 6.9 , the most powerful on the island since 1975. Hundreds have been ordered to evacuate as toxic volcanic gases are released and earth and vegetation have been scorched in areas around by the lava flow.
The epicentre of the earthquake was beneath mount Kilauea in Hawaii.
photo-CNN-Steam seen rising from cracks developed in the road near Leilani Estates on Friday. More news to follow, By Sibusiso Ngwenya