- PRESIDENT BIDEN IS BOOSTING U.S. troops in Europe because of Russia's war in Ukraine
- CITIZENS Coalition for Change CCC activists Joanah Mamombe and Cecilia Chimbiri, who are accused of faking their abductions,
- CHINA HAS DONATED the recently completed new US$100 million Parliament Building in Mt Hampden Harare to Zimbabwe to boost friendship and solidarity between the two countries.
- A MOTHER 31, STEP FATHER 40 AND TEENAGER 14, have been given life sentences for murdering five-year-old Logan Mwangi and dumping his body in a river.
- BREAKING:Cotton Company of Zimbabwe (Cottco) bosses arrested
Hundreds of small-scale miners in Mukaradzi, Mt Darwin, were reportedly left stranded on Friday night after police destroyed their makeshift shelters, accusing them of invading the gold-rich area.
The miners claimed that riot police stormed the settlement shortly after Local Government minister and Mt Darwin South legislator Saviour Kasukuwere had assured them that they would not be evicted.
They accused Bindura South MP Remigious Matangira of orchestrating their eviction. Although national police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba said she was unaware of the incident, images sent to NewsDay showed the charred remains of the razed grass structures. Both Kasukuwere and Matangira were unreachable for comment yesterday. — Tapiwa Zivira