- Long-serving Zimpapers Masvingo Correspondent Walter Mswazie ,45 died from kidney failure at Makurira Memorial Clinic today.
- TENS OF THOUSANDS OF BRITONS stranded abroad by the coronavirus will be flown home under a new arrangement between the government and airlines.
- BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSE came minutes before Italian restaurant chain Carluccio's also fell into administration.
- BrightHouse - the biggest rent-to-own operator in the UK - has collapsed, after an influx of compensation claims for selling to people, many on low incomes and difficulty to access credit from mainstream lenders unable to repay and its shops were then shut owing to coronavirus restrictions on retailers.
- Zimbabweans fled towns yesterday to their rural homes for food security over the 21-day Corona lockdown which came into effect last night
Flamboyant businessman Philip Chiyangwa has claimed that he is a victim of his vast wealth and good looks hence efforts by opponents to block him from standing as ZIFA presidential candidate.
“Look, people tend to look at my looks and the fact that I am rich they reach certain conclusions.
“A combination of looks and riches attracts problems so I am a victim of my good looks and richness. Everybody who has money attracts problems’ said Chiyangwa.
“Even in this Zifa race, some people are saying because Chiyangwa is rich he will buy his way into office. No people know success stories, these councillors are not foolish, they know what I am capable of. Why do people want to preach poverty? If you preach poverty, you will always be poor” he added.
Chiyaanga said once elected he will be in office for two years.